ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

WHat the...

5/19/2006 5:23 PM
Gtarman WHat the...
What happened to the forum???

5/19/2006 5:19 PM
Zhangliqun
email

Keep getting the "SOFTWARE ERROR" thing? Me too. What gives?

Friday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

5/19/2006 5:40 PM
Mick
Who cares , the place has gone to shit anyway , hardly anyone gives a stuff about answering questions anymore ,there's more interest in trying to one up everybody else or just placing themselves on their self built pedestals , patting themselves on the back , or just generally claiming to know everything , showing how technically adept they are or putting down others who have a reasonable opinion on something or dare to disagree with something , get over yourselves guys , stop whining , I'm outta here , I'll learn far more winding pickups than listening to this drivel ,( my main point ) to the few people on here who actually do try to help /contribute etc , I do apologise , its not aimed at you guys ,  
Mick

5/19/2006 6:26 PM
Gtarman
Hi Mick. Dont go dude, you are one of the people I enjoy swapping ideas with here. By the way what is the URL to your site again, I need to email you. Thanks

5/19/2006 7:05 PM
Dave Stephens
Mick hang around, you'll learn more here than any other source. yeah what happened to the forum? all the cool threads have disappeared, is there a backup? TBoy, my wife and I have done alot of websites and have them host on Pair.com We've used them for about 6 years and never a problem, plus they are very very affordable.  

Weird the forum crash coincided with Comcast going offline most of the day here, UFO invasion I bet......

5/19/2006 7:35 PM
Gtarman
Hey Dave, see my post below. You of all people could answer this one, being that you have done quite a bit of reverse engineering yourself.

5/19/2006 9:01 PM
Dave Stephens
If any of you missed reading the threads up until the forum crash its still on the other experimental area at:  
http://www.firebottle.com/fireforum/fireBB.cgi?cfg=gt&forum=pmgd&enter=go

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>