ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Tele rhythm -- what gauge wire?

5/19/2006 10:34 AM
David Schwab
email
Re: Tele rhythm -- what gauge wire?
On 5/18/2006 4:53 PM, Zhangliqun said:  

quote:
"I know covers have this effect, but it just seems a lot more pronounced on a Tele rhythm than a humbucker."

Probably why I never liked Tele rhythm pickups!

5/19/2006 1:49 PM
Zhangliqun
email

And why I made my Tele rhythm without the cover. It's a 9k that really sounds great without it -- clear as a bell but rude when you dig in. (I also radiused the mags...)

Tuesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

5/19/2006 9:13 PM
Ken
email

If you make Tele rhythm pups without the cover,  
you might think about wrapping them with string like the lead ones. I had a 1961 Tele once, it sounded awesome without the cover, but I got to strummin' one night and the high E slid under the top bobbin plate and pulled it off all the way to the G. Totally ruined a real preCBS pup too. I should have kept it, if I knew I was going to wind I would have.  

Ken

5/22/2006 12:06 PM
Zhangliqun
email

I tape them pretty good and then pot 'em. No problems so far, but definitely some good advice to keep in mind.

<<First Page<Prev Page 4 of 4