ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Double Cream Trademark

11/19/2005 7:26 PM
Dr. Strangelove
email
Double Cream Trademark
I can no longer find the Dimarzio double cream trademark at USPTO.gov.  

Does this mean that the trademark has lapsed/withdrawn/been revoked?  

-drh  
--

11/19/2005 8:31 PM
Jabs
Justice? or serendipity..?  

I cannot access Dimarzio's site. Any changes there?

Tuesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

11/19/2005 8:42 PM
DoctorX
I found the little bugger here (paste the link into a browser and go):  

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=ncrtjh.2.23  

If that should not work, you go to the trademark search section of www.uspto.gov, and do a basic search with "DiMarzio" as the search term, but be sure to select "all" for the field. In the list that comes up, the trademark listing that doesn't have a "word mark" entry is the one (serial number 73150505). It is still listed as "live".

11/19/2005 9:30 PM
DoctorX
According to the uspto.gov info, it was originally filed Dec 1, 1977, and "published for opposition" (?) June 23, 1981, and renewed on Sept 28, 2001. I guess they are serious about hanging on to their 'double cream' trademark.

11/22/2005 12:56 AM
Spartacus
Yes, but also according to the trademark, Dimarzio claims first use in 1974.  
The patent for Gibson style humbuckers did not expire untill 1976 according to the USPTO.  
And Dimarzio didn't become a company untill '76 either.

11/22/2005 6:06 AM
DoctorX
So, does this mean that his trademark for the double cream is (or can be) negated, revoked, contested, or ?  

A whole heap of cream bobbins want to know....

11/22/2005 6:28 AM
Joe Gwinn
email

On 11/22/2005 1:06 PM, DoctorX said:  
quote:
"So, does this mean that his trademark for the double cream is (or can be) negated, revoked, contested, or ?"
I think that "published for opposition" is the USPTO's way of saying "speak now or forever hold your tongue".

Page 1 of 1