ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Thanks for the quote, Mark

11/29/2005 9:38 AM
anonymous Thanks for the quote, Mark
to simply being content used by someone else to fill up commercial air time or page space.  

Pretty much sums up Ms. Sheehan, eh?

11/29/2005 12:11 PM
Mark Hammer
Perhaps, but you need to make a distinction between the cynical uses her behaviour is put to by media AFTER the fact, and what her original intent was. The world is chock full of folks who feel that government has deeply wronged them, and in some vague fuzzy way they would like for that to be publically recognized, but it is not their clear intent to get on the news and be seen by folks in their neighbourhood, Entertainment Tonight, and People magazine come hell or high water.  

I think you are correct in having a jaded attitude about the way Ms. Sheehan's story passed through the media, but if you are suggesting that she had cynical or manipulative motives from the outset, I don't think you have a right to impute that.  

We live in a world where just about anything can be fodder for Larry King, Montel Williams, or Nancy Grace. Speaking of which, is it just me or does she make a point of always being photographed in a way that makes it look like she is mere seconds away from ripping out your lungs or tearing your testes off with vise grips. I don't know that I've ever seen a TV "personality" who appeared more consistently hostile than that woman. Weird.

<<First Page<Prev Page 3 of 3