ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

The Peace Train stopped in Bangor

9/22/2004 11:02 AM
Darin
email
The Peace Train stopped in Bangor
Here is a nice little example of the USA PATRIOT act in action.  

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=6&u=/ap/20040922/ap_on_re_us/plane_diverted_9  

I guess that being a beacon for peace classifies you as a terrorist in this country.

9/22/2004 1:18 PM
anonymous
Religious nuts should be turned away, no?  
Oh, that's right, if he was a born again Christian, you'd have no problem with that, but you have a problem with turning away an Islam nut?

Monday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

9/22/2004 2:07 PM
Darin
email

No, you're wrong. I have a problem with our government singling out innocent people as suspected terrorists for no good reason. Why was he on a watch list in the first place? He is a peace activist that has in no way supported terrorism. Therefore, what is the rationale for not allowing him into the country. Next thing you know, the Dixie Chicks will be deported.

9/22/2004 4:24 PM
anonymous
You have no fricking idea why they stopped ol Cat. There's lots of stuff you don't know and I don't know. There is a reason for that. It's called national security. The world is a poker game, and you don't win by showing your hand.  

The Dixie Chicks, like many politically naive rockers, shouldn't be deported. Thinking people know they don't know what they are talking about. Being a successful and talented musician or actor does not make one an expert in foreign policy. Geesh!!!!

9/22/2004 5:37 PM
Darin
email

Where did I infer that the Dixie Chicks or any other popular person was an expert on foreign policy. Your grasping at straws here. So, again, anyone who disagrees with your viewpoint is naive.

9/23/2004 5:25 AM
anonymous
Yusuf Islam? Guilty! Madrid is his kind of peace train, and its high time for it to be derailed!

9/23/2004 10:02 AM
Darin
email

Now your sounding like quite the conspiracy buff yourself. Next you'll tell that Jimmy Carter is responsible for 9/11/01.  

Do I sense a bit of Islamic hatred in your voice. Boy have taken the bait.

Page 1 of 5 Next> Last Page>>