ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

The Gig is Almost Up for GW Bush

7/30/2004 1:18 PM
annoymous The Gig is Almost Up for GW Bush
He will be be defeated in a landslide come November.

7/30/2004 5:26 PM
anon
Saw this news item today about Bush:  

"President Bush attacked John Kerry's 19-year record in the Senate on Friday, answering the Democratic convention mantra "America can do better" with a new GOP refrain of his own: "Results matter.""  

If "results matter" as Bush says, then why does Bush have such a dismal record on the unemployment issue? The US unemployment rate is significantly higher today then the day he took office. I'd be curious to know what results he is talking about. The economy is again on the wane according to the latest statistics and the minor pickup we had a few months back is just a pickup from the recession that Bush himself created.  

If "results matter" as Bush says, then it's time to dump Bush.

Tuesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

7/30/2004 9:51 PM
No Hate Saw a poll today
of people looking for work at Monster.com.  

It was kinda funny - the question was "Do you think the Kerry-Edwards presidential ticket could help improve the job market? "  
The choices were "Yes" and "No"  

Out of 18,688 votes so far, 10,771 were for "No". That's about 57%.  

It seems like if the majority of folks felt Bush was responsible for all of our joblessness and rampant unemployment, then the majority of job seekers might want to dump him.  

http://forums.monster.com/poll.asp?pollid=7361

7/31/2004 4:05 PM
anonymous
My experience with monster.com is that I usually go there while I'm still employed and already have a good job. This may explain the poll results.  

And the answer certainly doesn't mean that Bush is the better candidate. Rather it means that most people believe Kerry is no better than Bush on the issue of job creation, meaning that they are perceived pretty much equally on the issue.  

Also, monster.com is not limited to American citizens. I'd be cautious about predicting the results of an American election from a poll that includes responses from non-Americans. We just don't know who the respondees are.

8/1/2004 12:19 AM
No Hate
Also, monster.com is not limited to American citizens.  
Considering the general world hatred of GWB, would'nt this skew the polls to an ever higher pro-Kerry percentage?  

Rather it means that most people believe Kerry is no better than Bush on the issue of job creation, meaning that they are perceived pretty much equally on the issue.  
I did'nt get that from the poll results. What I got was 57% of ppl at monster DID NOT "think the Kerry-Edwards presidential ticket could help improve the job market? " You get an A for optimistic spin, tho.  

My experience with monster.com is that I usually go there while I'm still employed and already have a good job. This may explain the poll results.  

So your point is that the only people responding to this poll are republicans with good jobs? What about the millions of disgruntled IT workers whose positions Bush sold overseas? Do they not use monster?  

If "results matter" as Bush says, then why does Bush have such a dismal record on the unemployment issue? The US unemployment rate is significantly higher today then the day he took office. I'd be curious to know what results he is talking about. The economy is again on the wane according to the latest statistics and the minor pickup we had a few months back is just a pickup from the recession that Bush himself created.  

I'd say the economy is in fair condition considering the stock market crash that followed the dot com crash that preceeded the WTC terrorist attack.  
I certainly feel that I'm better off than I was 5 years ago,and I like that I get more of my money back that the gov't takes each payday.

8/1/2004 2:00 PM
anonnnnnnnnnnymous Why Kerry will Create More Jobs
Kerry will create more jobs by bringing down the price of oil. Most economists agree that the primary threat to the US economy at this moment is the high price of oil.  

And how will Kerry do this? First, by winding down the war in Iraq in a way that will also wind down the threats of violence that are causing the price of oil to spike up as a result of excessive fear. Bush has the uncanny ability to cause lots of foriegn nations to hate the US which certainly is not helping us with our oil supplier relationships. The US still imports over half of all oil consumed so the availability of foriegn oil without disruption is critical.  

Secondly, Kerry will reduce the deficit which in turn will cause the dollar to strengthen which in turn will cause the price of oil to drop in dollar terms because a stronger dollar will be able to buy more oil vis-a-vis other currencies.  

Third, Bush is in favor of outsourcing US jobs to India while Kerry is not. What Bush is saying is that he prefers more Americans to be unemployed rather than less, and that more Indians become employed rather than Americans.  

I'd like to point out that the conservative Pat Buchanan recently pointed out that the Bush recovery is indeed very real, but that the problem is that it is occuring in India and other areas of the world rather than in the US. Unfortunately for Americans this is only too true.  

So who would you rather have as president, someone whose first priority is to create more jobs in India or someone whose first priority is to create more jobs in America?  

If you sincerely want more American jobs, vote for Kerry.

8/2/2004 1:24 AM
No Hate
Your post of reasons why Kerry will create more jobs is really telling for his campaign, and the democratic party that is currently in the limelight. After months of hate-spewing, name-calling, and general Bush-bashing the democrats have realised something : "I'm not Bush" is not good enough to win an election. Kudos to the left for curtailing the super-negative campaigning and attempting a more positive message. Unfortunately, this lack of vitriol makes the NEODEMS seem boring by comparison to the dems of just a few weeks ago. Did'nt catch any of the convention? that's ok, neither did the rest of America.  

But this creates another problem for the left - Kerry needs an actual platform with real ideals and promises and such.  
The Point  
Your post was telling in that your espoused Kerry tactics have no real measure, with little in the way of facts or substance. Unfortunatelt for Kerry, time is running out to shake the "I'm not Bush" mantra that seems to be his only real allure.  

NH

Page 1 of 6 Next> Last Page>>