ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: The Beatles Complete Scores

12/22/2005 5:07 PM
anonymous Re: The Beatles Complete Scores
I paid $59.95 plus shipping when I got mine in '96 or so. I've seen it at BookStar/Barnes&Noble too. I don't know how accurate it really is - that's a guess. I've followed threads where guys go on and on dissecting the first chord in Hard Days Night and the guitar parts in The End.  

There are some deeply layered bits and moments in their music, even early on. I think the book will give you a close enough answer. Imo, the greatest source of trouble was George Martin. He knew harmony and arranging inside and out...so sometimes he would bang on the piano to punch things up and you can't quite hear it because it isn't a continuous piano part - stuff like that.

12/23/2005 1:53 AM
bob p
wow, prices have gone up. my brother gave me the black Beatles Complete songbook for my birthday back in the 80s and it probably cost $30 or $40 then.  

its a pretty good resource, though its definitely arranged for piano and not for guitar. most of the chords are listed in the first position and it has no tab.

Wednesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

12/23/2005 11:22 AM
jaysg
quote:
"though its definitely arranged for piano and not for guitar."
Completely different product than what you're thinking about. This is full tabs, includes the shrill horn line from Penny Lane, etc. Tab, harmonies, et al.

12/23/2005 8:23 PM
george
Hi guys,  
thanks a million for the replies- you know, I have always wanted that book, but never really had a justifiable reason to buy it until now. I think that is definately what i need to get.  
I will buy it ASAP.  
Thanks again for everything gents,  
Have a great holiday season!:)  
Thanks again,  
George

<<First Page<Prev Page 2 of 2