ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Great video of Mike Bloomfield at Monterey!

12/19/2005 12:38 PM
Steve A.
email
Great video of Mike Bloomfield at Monterey!
    Just ran across this link on another board:  

http://homepages.force9.net/afcworld/bloomfield.wmv  

Steve Ahola  

P.S. Perhaps someone can tell us if this is the same footage included on the "The Complete Monterey Pop Festival" 3-DVD set (the 3rd disk is outtakes from the movie).

12/20/2005 1:48 AM
Steve A.
email
Great video of Peter Green with Fleetwood Mac!
    That is Danny Kirwan on the first song, who breaks his high e-string. The second song is Peter Green by himself while Danny's guitar is being restrung:  

http://tinyurl.com/exmst  

Click on the FREE download button and then wait 30+ seconds for a "download ticket" and then type in the 3 characters on the screen... what a hassle but I think that it is worth it!  

Steve Ahola

Tuesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

12/22/2005 12:25 PM
MKB
email

Thanks for the videos, they are great! Shows what you get out of original sunburts, tube amps and talented fingers. Got any more videos like that??

12/20/2005 11:23 AM
Mark Hammer
email
Re: Great video of Mike Bloomfield at Monterey!
Wow!! Thanks a batch. I started listening to Bloomfield with the first Butterfield album but had never actually seen footage of the man in action. I gather this would be the among the first appearances of The Electric Flag, with Nick Gravenites on vocals, Harvey Brooks on Bass, and Buddy Miles on drums.  

Hmmmm, I guess you really DON'T need more than a decent Les Paul and blackface Twin.

12/20/2005 12:15 PM
Anonorant
Hmmmm, I guess you really DON'T need more than a decent Les Paul and blackface Twin.  

Ya got ~$200K in yer pocket (USD, not CAD, please)?

12/20/2005 12:49 PM
Steve A.
email

Mark said:  

So Al Jolson had a twin brother? I guess they must have been able to sing some very rousing duets... ("Row, row, row your boat...")  

:D  

Steve Ahola

12/22/2005 12:44 PM
Mark Hammer
email

"Mr. Brown"  

"Yes Mr. Interlocutor"  

"Would you be so kind as to play me a solo?"  

"A solo?"  

"Yes, Mr. Brown"  

"And what type of solo would you like, Mr. Interlocutor?"  

"Make that a blues solo, Mr. Brown, in A major"