ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

New Sensor may be losing its tube factory

12/15/2005 10:47 AM
Mitch New Sensor may be losing its tube factory
Read below,  
New Sensor Faces Battle  

As a loyal New Sensor dealer, I wanted to send you this article  
published in the December 8 edition of The Moscow Times. It  
describes our battle with a company that wants to unfairly  
acquire our vacuum tube factory in Russia.  

We'll continue to fill you in with further developments as we  
fight to win.  

In the meantime, thanks for your support, as always.  

http://www.newsensor.com/releases/MoscowTimes_VacuumTubes_20051208.pdf  

to download a copy of Acrobat Reader: Click here  
Rock & Roll,  

Mike Matthews

12/15/2005 2:43 PM
Mark Hammer
email

That's kind of disturbing, isn't it?

Wednesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

12/15/2005 8:16 PM
GregP
Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.  

Calling this extortion is like calling the Atlantic ocean a lake. This is outright theft.  

These men that are hiding behind their shell companies are nothing more than pigs. Bastards.  

While violence may not solve the problem, I sure am thinking violent thoughts about these filthy beasts.  

Dammit. This goes way beyond disturbing.

12/15/2005 9:55 PM
Frank De Salvo
email

Think we can talk GW into bombing the Ruskies before ths happens? :D  

~F

12/17/2005 11:47 AM
Steve A.
email

GregP said:  

Calling this extortion is like calling the Atlantic ocean a lake. This is outright theft.  

I agree with you completely, but remember that the free market and capitalism are still new ideas in Russia. America was 150 years old when the Mafia became a major power during prohibition here. I don't know much about the Russian Mafia but on TV they are portrayed as ruthless killers. Don't forget the Yakusa in Japan after WWII... it seems like all countries go through this period of violence and corruption. Oops! I forgot that we still have violence and corruption here in the US starting with our police force and working its way up to the top:  

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/8898338  

I hope that someone steps in to protect Mike's interests in Russia...  

Steve Ahola

12/17/2005 6:33 AM
Brad1
email

Anyone have a plan to throw some weight behind this issue? Anything anyone can do to pester U.S. officials to take a serious look at this? It may be a non-issue unless it gets backing from more powerful forces...say, in the entertainment industry, gear manufacturers and distributors. (We all know THIS administration, particularly, could not care less about us Average Joes. I'm not sure if anything would be done unless there was a way for Bush and his cronies to profit from it).Maybe Guitar Center could even actually do some good for a change, instead of just trying to be the Wal-Mart of the instrument industry. Actually, maybe Wal-Mart can step in and BUY GC to exert its power on the Ruskies. ~~shudder~~~  
Shall we inundate any possible forum that may take an interest in this? Are the music industry mags all picking up on this?  
Would an avalanche of concern from the the lowly bedroom hobbyist to the top echelon of the multi-billion dollar entertainment industry get their attention? (Bono may be on the fence about this, of course. He may struggle between the love of Edge's guitar tone...or more specifically, the money he makes from that...and his concerns about the environment).:D  
What should we do? Just spread the gospel and hope it gets noticed?  

Just wondering.  

Brad1

12/17/2005 9:32 AM
Frank De Salvo
email

Dude, Russian businessmen such as these are no different than teamsters/mobsters. I wouldn't be suprised if they are planning on taking this guy out :(...  

~F

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>