ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Christmas Treat for all of you!

12/14/2005 3:58 PM
Steve A.
email
Christmas Treat for all of you!
    Merry Christmas! I'm giving copies of this to all of my local friends this year- it is an "expanded edition" of one of my all-time favorite albums, which goes back to 1969. Some of Mike Bloomfield's finest studio recordings were on the album, and I added in some rare and not-so-rare live recordings of Barry Goldberg with Mike (or Harvey Mandel) on guitar. So thanks to RapidShare we can go global with this...  

http://rapidshare.de/users/57U  

I'll put a zipfile together with the artwork for the album and upload that next.  

--Enjoy!  

Steve Ahola  

P.S. If you are going to download just one song (to try it) I'd suggest "04_Blues_For_Barry_And". 10 minutes and 16 seconds of Mike BLoomfield playing a slow blues (IMO much better than "Really" on SuperSession).

12/15/2005 1:23 PM
Frank De Salvo
email
The Steve Ahola Appreciation Thread
:D  

Steve,  

You are one of the most giving and generous people on this board and everyone here appreciates you. Haha, I still have the Ampage 2003 CD collection you sent that Xmas and as a result, my taste in music has expanded (and contracted in several areas ;))! Thanks to you, I have come to love Robin Ford!  

Seriously, I remember when I first started hanging around this site- the Blue Guitar website was- and still is- a source of great knowledge.  

Ahhh, it seems like only yesterday I was calling you Steve Aloha and looking at pics of your modified strat wiring! Damn, you've got big hands! :D  

Here's to you, big guy! :cheers:  

~F  
Ruining good moments since 1975

Sunday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

12/15/2005 11:10 PM
Don Symes
email

Seconded, Frank, and echoed in your direction.  

You, SteveA, and about six other guys who hang here or who used to, have been big influences on my online personality. Positive influences.  

Thank you SteveA, Frank, Gil Ayan, R.G. Keen, Bruce, Randall, and everyone else I've had a chance to learn from and share with.

12/16/2005 6:27 AM
Dai H.
email

thanks Steve! I got about half of them, then it seemed to slow down so I'll try again later on.

12/17/2005 10:18 PM
Steve A.
email
Aw, shucks...
    Here's a little local humor for you, right out of my newspaper last Tuesday:  

http://www.blueguitar.org/new/misc/humor/santa_and_his_elves!.pdf  

Steve Ahola

Page 1 of 1