ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Gas prices continue to go higher and higher!

4/11/2005 9:42 PM
Steve B. Gas prices continue to go higher and higher!
Gas cost just keeps going up and Bush's buddies just keep getting richer while we all get more poor!  

Who will pay for every thing when the middle class is broke? Do you think the rich will??? LOL.. Yeah right!  

Most of you all voted for this jerk, now you all pay the price! Huh.....  

Enough said!  

Steve B.  

Noticed I put my name here! Not anonymous like some!

4/11/2005 10:25 PM
Ross M.
email

I didn't vote for him either time, but it doesn't matter.  

Supply and demand. We're running out of oil.  

Replacements will be similar in cost to what you're paying now. I've made it my passion to research alternatives and have done so extensively over the past year and a half and this I know for sure.

Saturday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

4/12/2005 3:24 AM
pierre debs
It is called a BIKE! not a motor bike either.

4/12/2005 6:09 AM
Anonarant
So I guess gas prices would be lower if we voted for the other jerk?

4/12/2005 9:59 AM
rooster
Not enough said. China is using larger supplies of fuel oil than ever before, due to the consumption in their increased manufacturing, and therefore there is less available, so the price goes up. Also, there are many esoteric manufacturing processes here in the US for environmental considerations which increase the price. As long as we're on this subject, how about Al Gore selling Occidental Petroleum (his father's oil company) the entire US Navy oil reserves for pennies on the dollar. Bush is not the only politician based on oil money. The fact is, without the government oil subsidies, which are paid for by tax dollars, 90% of which are paid by the wealthy and the corporations (whether you believe it or not, that's the fact), so the rich ARE already paying for a chunk of your gas.  

The fact is, we don't spend enough researching alternative fuel sources, such as nuclear fusion (which gets a pittance of DOE money), to drop the intake of oil. As long as we continue to run a gas-based society, that's life. And, if we don't use gas, we sink. This is partly due to the fact that the USA is geographically HUGE. The reason mass transit works in Europe is because Europe is considerably smaller on a country by country basis than the USA, and has much more population in a smaller area, as well as the craving for Americans to have their own vehicles. The whole SUV thing doesn't help, nor does having a driving age of 16 years old.  

And, if you think the president has much to do with this kind of thing, you need to grow up and learn a bit about politics. Your Congress, Senate, and local politicos are the ones who determine 99% of all of these policies and standards. The president is a single unified voice, the Congress and Senate are the ones who write and pass laws and trade policies. That's the fact. If you don't like it, stop looking at "republican" and "democrat", and start looking at the people themselves. Al Franken is just as bad as Rush Limbaugh, and neither serves the people.  

rooster.

4/12/2005 10:47 AM
MKB
email

Our gas prices dropped $0.06 per gallon this week, the oil price dropped due to overspeculation I hear. Yay!  

One good side effect of high oil prices should be that alternative sources will look more promising, probably the reason the alternative sources haven't been funded is because oil is so cheap. Once oil goes up, the alternative sources will come along on their own.

4/12/2005 3:32 PM
rooster
Which is GREAT news! The only driving forces for innovation are economics or warfare, and we've had darn near enough warfare for awhile, I would think. Assuming we can somehow (yeah, right) get people to stop attacking us. But that's a whole 'nother ball of wax. If money can be made off alternative energy, the sources will be developed. Sometimes it takes crap like this to give industry a kick in the butt, and I think we know that the government agencies cannot effectively manage ANY form of innovation (use NASA as an example).  

Remember Tom Lehrer's definition of the federal gummint, back in the '60's: "2.3 million people doing poorly what need not be done at all."  

rooster.

Page 1 of 7 Next> Last Page>>