ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Danelectro DS-100 Schematic - ISO

6/16/2004 5:36 PM
snowman910
email
Danelectro DS-100 Schematic - ISO
I'm looking for a schematic for this amp. Very unusual chassis, looks like two 50 watt amps in a single chassis, but was sold as a 100 watt amp in the 60's. Anybody have a schematic for this, or any information about them?

6/16/2004 10:38 PM
Enzo
email

Maybe someone does, I don't, but I bet it is real close to the Silvertone model of similar layout. They made the amps for Sears. If that helps.  

It was 100 watts, but there was a separate 50 watt amp for each speaker. That is 100 watts, just not the way you are used to.

Saturday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

6/17/2004 9:36 AM
snowman
email

Thanks Enzo,  

There was no comparable Silvertone model. I've checked the Guitars from Neptune book and the other sources of Sears catalog reprints and find nothing similar in the Silvertone line, although I agree that approach would work with most Dano amps.  

I agree it is 100 watts, just a strange approach to getting it. I hope someone on this board has a schematic!

6/17/2004 5:01 PM
Enzo
email

Try SIlvertone chassis number 185.10411. Two pairs of 6L6, each with own tranny, one per speaker. This may be in Aspen Pittman's book.

6/17/2004 8:31 PM
snowman910
email

Thanks Enzo, I'll follow up on that. The DS-100 does have two pairs of 6L6's with separate transformers. Do you know a Silvertone model number for that chassis number 185.10411?

6/17/2004 11:55 PM
Enzo
email

I don't.

Page 1 of 1