ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Musicman RD-50 tone stack mods?

1/6/2006 2:08 PM
BobW Musicman RD-50 tone stack mods?
Does anyone have any info concerning mods to the tone stack they would like to share? I find the boost channel to be on harsh side, similar to a classic 30 w/o mods. thanks for any reply BobW

1/8/2006 1:29 PM
John G
Hi,  
There are three versions of the RD50(I believe). I have modded several to the latest spec and my customers have been very happy with the improvements.  
The schems are at a Polish site that has the word "tom" in it??? I can mail you if you can't find them.  
John G

Thursday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

1/9/2006 7:57 AM
BobW
John, thanks for the offer, but I already have the schematic, was looking for suggestions from somone who has experience w/tweaking the MM tone stack. Since it's not a high prioity on my bench, I'll play w/ the tone stack calculator and go from there. Any other comments/suggestions also appreciated. BobW

1/11/2006 11:56 AM
BobW
bump, anyone ever tweaked this tone stack?

Page 1 of 1