ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Torres Engineering

5/5/2005 12:55 AM
Enzo
email
Re: Torres Engineering
Have you picked up the phone and called them? Can that be done?

5/5/2005 10:45 AM
Jack
email

FWIW, I just ordered some parts from them, and received the stuff right away... very fast response.  
Jack

Thursday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

5/5/2005 12:55 PM
Darin
email

I will be in San Mateo this afternoon for an allergist appointment and can swing by to see what's going on. As far as I know they are still in operation. I would have heard about it if they shut down.  

All you Bay Area folks:  
How about an Amp Fest sometime in the near future?

5/5/2005 5:28 PM
Mark Lavelle
email
Re: How about Bay Area Amp Fest?
Sounds like fun to me. Got a place to do it?

5/6/2005 11:00 AM
Darin
email

Hey Mark,  

I have some distinct possibilities, but I would have to pull some strings.  

Do you have any suggestions?

5/7/2005 1:45 PM
Mark Lavelle
email

My sax teacher is also the Director of Instrumental Music (i.e., one of the two music teachers) at Hillsdale H.S. I have no idea what the fees, requirements and/or restrictions might be, but I could ask her about using the band room.  

Plenty of space for a bunch of guys with amps, if not a great-sounding room (all concrete & lino). They're planning on carpeting it this summer, though, so it'll be getting better...

5/7/2005 6:31 PM
darin
email

Hey Mark,  

I have access to a large empty warehouse type of building that houses a corporate party/event room. It has a stage, lights, PA, etc. I used to use it all the time for band practice. Now it's more convenient to do that at my house.  

I am not sure how this would work out since I don't work at this company anymore, but my second guitarist does.  

I was also thinking of the Fox or Little Fox theater in RWC. This is right in my hometown and would be a great venue.  

My singer also knows the owner of a night club in town that we could consider as well.  

So, there are options. I guess it just depends on how much we'd want to make it happen. I would love to make it happen, but I can't do it alone.  

Later,  
Darin

<<First Page<Prev Page 2 of 4 Next> Last Page>>