ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Old Marshall shred master pedal question?

4/2/2005 9:28 PM
Munk Old Marshall shred master pedal question?
I've been looking to find one of these pedals but really seems scarce these dayz.  
Where could I find a schemo for this pedal, it's the one with the black case, I believe was the original design.  

Also anyone own one of these and what did they think of the distortion quality and the low and on this pedal?  

Thanks  

Munk

4/5/2005 11:39 AM
Matt
Schemo is here:  
http://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/index2.html  

Scroll down to 'Marshall'.  

I have one and the distortion was pretty good for the particular sound it had. It's kind of a high-gain tone but not like a Mesa. Not as 'heavy'. They are kind of noisy (mostly hiss) and tend to squeal at higher volumes/gain. I have one with a bad/intermittent switch (common with all of those older Marshall black boxes) and some scratchy pots. I even have the original box. Lemme know if you want it. I don't use it anymore and don't really feel like replacing the switch.  

Oh yea, they have a decent amount of low-end. Most of those old black Marshall pedals had a bass control and that helps. They don't castrate the low end like some pedals do.

Thursday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

4/5/2005 9:42 PM
Munk
Hey Matt,  
How much you wanting for this pedal?  

Just curious as Im still debating over buying one.  
Thanks  

Munk

Page 1 of 1