ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

sd-1 bleed through when off....

2/14/2005 4:10 PM
Joe sd-1 bleed through when off....
Hi,  
I'm experiencing some bleed through on a newer Boss SD-1 when the effect is bypassed. Any mods to get rid of this annoyance? Thanks. Joe

2/17/2005 11:07 AM
Mark Black
email

Not a lot of help to you but I've got an older SD-9 that does the same thing. I've noticed the problem is better or worse depending on what kind of amp it's jacked into, with the more sensitive tube inputs being worst and the solid state inputs being lots better.  

I tried changing the switching FETs but got no joy, so now I'm waiting for inspiration or help from someone who has conquered the problem...

Sunday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

2/18/2005 8:20 AM
CJ Landry
I've seen this on many FET switching pedals. In a few cases the 2SK30As were leaking and replacing them fixed the problem. (these were older BOSS pedals)  
Its possible that replacing the FETs in your pedal would fix the problem. Also, BOSS pedals come with a 3 year warranty. It maybe easier to just swap the whole thing out with another one.  

CJ

3/6/2005 6:45 PM
Alvaro Salinas
email

you can use J113(that's right?) for the Switching  
as in DOD's desing. 2sk184 , i've used 2SK30ATM from toshiba for the fet switching without any problems..

Page 1 of 1