ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Kendrick K-Spot

10/24/2005 11:54 AM
Todd Hepler Kendrick K-Spot
http://tinyurl.com/byju4  

Just curious -  

Weber spins good hype on this amp, and the lone review I read seemed to ditto his own rhetoric.  

Anyone ever heard one?  

I like the idea of this kind of tonal versatility in a small, light, 35W package. Can any body back up the tonal claims?  

How about a few opinions on just how similar this is to a tweed fender - which one?  

Thanks in advance,  

-Todd

10/24/2005 11:38 PM
thorny
Oh, the "other" weber. Weber around in this neck of the woods usually refers to Ted Weber. Gerald makes good stuff. I have not heard that one, but it sure is expensive.  

Thorny

Friday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

10/25/2005 1:23 PM
TNO
How different could it really be from a Weber Proluxe?

10/25/2005 3:14 PM
Todd Hepler
TNO -  

thanks for the reply - I was thinking along similar lines - a proluxe style output section with some modified version of a bass-treble preamp.  

I was hoping that someone here may have some personal experience with one and could shed some light.  

Thanks again.  

-Todd

10/25/2005 4:58 PM
Chris/CMW amps
email

Just think what you can do with 4 12AX7s for pre-amp, phase-inverter and reverb duties.  
No clues 'bout the controls except for dwell, tone, reverb, probably volume, probably treble and probably bass.  

And (ha ha)  
see what your marketing-team can do :) :D  

Chris

10/25/2005 9:24 PM
thorny
Yeah Chris, you gotta admit - that "K" is really cool on that grill. Hmmmm - wonder how a big "T" would look? :-)

Steve A.
email
Re: Kendrick Climax
    FWIW I noticed that G.W. is still selling Climax chassises (for $2000 each!). His agreement with Ken Fischer was to produce only 100 of the amps, but that sounds like a sneaky way to get around the limit "it's not a full amp, it is just a chassis!"  

http://kendrick-amplifiers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=KOS&Product_Code=BINClimaxChassis&Category_Code=BIN  

Rumor has it that KF never received a dime on this deal... I would have thought that $100 per amp would have been a more fair price to pay Ken.  

Steve Ahola

Page 1 of 12 Next> Last Page>>