ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Need someone to rewind some pups

10/16/2004 3:06 PM
bd
email
Need someone to rewind some pups
Does anybody do some rewinding of a few strat and tele duncan pups for me. Please email me or send me to someone. Thanks.

10/23/2004 11:46 PM
Dwight Listmayer
email

Lotsa people do rewinding, and some are very good ... Jason Lollar, Tony Amendolare @ ElectroKraft, TV Jones, Cam Atkinson in Canada ... you can review any other replies, search google, or go with one of these guys. Strat Man Dwight

Thursday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

10/24/2004 8:50 AM
Dave Stephens
He has his spam filter turned on, doesn't reply to emails...

10/24/2004 1:16 PM
bd
email

Sure I do....I found somebody, thanks. Sorry Dave I erased all my emails by accident. I was looking at your Tall Texan pickup and was thinking about ordering one even though I really hate anything that mentions Texas in it's name. It's really played out to do so. I have to wait for some projects to be done first. I was going to email about what size and type wire and magnets you are using in those pups.

10/25/2004 12:41 AM
Dave Stephens
Oh, thought something happened in the email world that went wrong, email me off the forum. Yeah the Texas thing is beat to death but still you say SRV to most strat guys and they start to drool and eyes glaze over. Besides there really IS a Texas style of blues and tone that has changed over the years. TBone Walker back when and SRV and Jimmy Vaughan and many others too.....

10/25/2004 12:17 PM
bd
email

I know about the Texas thing...been there. Played some clubs in the DFW area a few years back. I would say Jimmy is more Texas than SRV. Although it may be different in the Austin area, I didn't see any SRV clones. I think I have seen more in NYC....as for the Texas sound yes there is but it's long dead and it's not SRV. I don't see many similarities to Johnny Winter, Billy Gibbons and SRV as they are the most heralded guitarists from Texas. I really think the Texas sound is a 50's swing blues with a bit of twang. I think you can hear some of it in guys like T-bone, early Freddie King and it's there somewhat with early J. Winter. I love SRV but I think that Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys have more to do with the Texas sound than SRV. In my opinion SRV is "NOT" a blues guitarist....he's a blues/rock player. Just because you do a lot of 1-4-5's, it doesn't make you a blues player. I think his brother is more of a classic blues player. Just my opinion. I heard one guy in Texas use a strat and a Fender super reverb and he did the best B.B. King I have ever heard from a white guy, awesome. I didn't hear one guy even try to sound like SRV, they where more swing oriented.

Page 1 of 1