ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

ANYTHING EVEN BETTER THAN A P90?

7/16/2004 1:04 AM
triode rob ANYTHING EVEN BETTER THAN A P90?
is the p90 the greatest pickup?  
or is there a some rare "Esoteric" single coil pickup from an esoteric guitar maker  
that you gurus love and are keeping  
to yourselfs? time to give up the info!

7/17/2004 12:21 AM
Dave Stephens
Re: ANYTHING EVEN BETTER THAN A P9?  

TWO P90s!!! Sorry, couldn't resist...

Wednesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

7/17/2004 2:20 AM
Greg Simon
email

LOL.....I'll go one further.  

ANYTHING EVEN BETTER THAN A P90?  

Two P90's made by Dave, Jason, or Wolfe!  

Greg

7/17/2004 5:42 AM
Avery
email

I am hunting for a p 90... what is the best one out there?  
Fralins, Wolfe Tone... or will an cheepo Armstrong do it?  
I don't want a dark one... my amp is very warm and dark...

7/17/2004 7:48 AM
Dave Stephens
Hi: we're not supposed to be selling our pickups on the forum here, the forum is to discuss pickup making only. Over on the right there are links to some of the pickup makers, you can talk to them individually off the forum if you like. Having said that, you will probably get a better sounding P90 from a custom pickup maker than you will from the big guys who just crank them out by the hundreds.  

Greg, cut it out!!!

7/18/2004 12:39 AM
Greg Simon
email

Hey Dave, sorry. I posted this one before I saw your post in the other thread. And like I said there...no more. People can go listen to your pickup samples on your site and they will sell themselves. Sorry again...  
greg

7/17/2004 1:09 PM
Rob
email

I sure think the Carvin AP6 was a fine sounding pickup. There's zero demand for them now, though.  

Rob

Page 1 of 1