ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Saddam captured!

12/14/2003 4:08 PM
Frank De Salvo
email
Saddam captured!
Hoooahhh!  

~F  

So much for the naysayers! Kudos to our intelligence system, our brave soldiers, and ol' Bushy boy!

12/14/2003 5:04 PM
anonymous
Good news certainly. Maybe this will get peace rolling once and for all in Iraq.  

When is the hanging? Can we bring a picnic basket with a nice lunch and some fine wine?

Sunday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

12/14/2003 5:37 PM
Stephen Giles
Good news. In England, we used to subject traitors, that is to say people found guilty (although I Have to say not necessarily guilty!) to a fairly gruesome end. First of all they were hanged but not until dead, then cut down and drawn - that is their entrails cut out, and finally quartered, which I think involved each arm and leg pulled in different directions by separate horses. Could this be a fitting end for uncle sadam?

12/14/2003 11:08 PM
ben
email

Sure, bring the basket. I will share it with you. If you allow me to. As for the wine: I suggest a Brunello di Montalcino. Not a cheap one. But according the situation, I think it's asked for. I will buy the wine if you will let me share youre lunch.  

As far as the hanging is concerned: why not just put him through court and then let him go? Hasn't the man already paid? Not even a year ago he was number 1, now he was hidding in a stinking hole. Turn him loose and he will not last a week. Maybe not even a day.  
Shouldn't that be enough? Bring him in the open and let the people of Iraq have their own way.  
But let's insist on the bottle of fine wine and the lunch. Those are the impotant things in life.  

Ben

12/14/2003 5:35 PM
patrick
Yes, good news all around! However, after watching FOX, I flipped to Cynics News Network (CNN). As expected, there were the naysayers, slamming Bush, still! They always manage to find doom and gloom, and a way it could have been done better.

12/14/2003 6:32 PM
Mark Lavelle
email

I don't know what you mean by "naysayers" (I don't believe anyone is saying it's a bad thing Saddam is caught), but if you think this means the U.S. can pack up & go home you're out of your mind.

12/15/2003 12:34 AM
patrick
I don't expect the U.S. to pack up and go home today, as much as the extreme left would like us to. I am saying, that even if we did pull all the troops out tomorrow, the extreme left would find something wrong with it, as long as George Bush is still in the White House. This morning, some left wing wank was saying on CNN that this would have happened to Saddam Husien without the U.S. launching the war. The Iraqi people would have done it themselves. Ya, right. We should just let Alec Baldwin and Sean Penn handle it :)

Page 1 of 10 Next> Last Page>>