ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

How many of you are going to hell?

10/6/2003 11:36 PM
Anonymous How many of you are going to hell?
I want to go to heaven and not to Limbo. Basking in the glory of God will be a welcome change of pace from life on earth. Heaven and Jesus are where it is at. But ... many will be called but only few will be chosen. I think they only have 144,000 spots in heaven from what I was told by somebody who read it in the bible someplace. Looks like it's a lot easier to go to hell if that statistic is true.  

You have to admit that millions of people are on a collision course with the devil and the eternal fires if they don't get their act together soon and repent for their sins.  

What do you guys think? Are you going to heaven or hell?

10/7/2003 1:23 AM
Been There Done That Going to hell? one ticket for the next bus please
Black/White  
Right/Wrong  
Light/Dark  
Loud/Quiet  
Zero/Infinity  
Heaven/Hell  

These are all man made concepts.  

I really think that there are few natural things that are in existence with only two states. A CD code comes to mind as a binary device, again man-made.  

Reality (that I see) is shades of grey, ambiguity, dusk, and moderations of the extremes.  

Based stricly on the theoretical probabilities....  
There are probably a lot of people named Anonymous in Hell. I mean can you fathom a Heaven with 144,000 persons, all answering to Anonymous?  

and lastly Anonymous.. your self description is somewhere in between an actual individual and everyone. So I ask, How Can You Be In Two Places, When You Aren't Anywhere At All?  
Besides, Been there done that, next trip?

Saturday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

10/17/2003 4:53 AM
John Fisher
email
I'm going to heaven!!
quote:
"I think they only have 144,000 spots in heaven from what I was told by somebody who read it in the bible someplace."

First of all, I do firmly belive in a Heaven. I don't believe that there are just 144,000 spots are in heaven and I personally belive that the 144,000 is a different subject in itself.  
It says in the bible that "He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life" and "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotton son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life" John 3:16. IF that is true then there are lot more then 144,000 that will have a spot in heaven and also because of those scriptures I know that I am going to heaven. Not that I am any better then anyone else but God just promised it in the bible. You don't have to be perfect or even "good" to go to heaven. "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God". So nobody is good. We are all a mess."For by grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourself. It is a give of God, not of works lest any man should boast." (Romans 6:23) So if it's a gift, you can't possibly earn it.  

quote:
"You have to admit that millions of people are on a collision course with the devil and the eternal fires if they don't get their act together soon and repent for their sins."

Yes! the world is on a collision coarse. I don't believe that everyone is going to hell but they are going to find out that so many things that they put their values in in this life and many things that they worked for all their lives here on this earth (even many Christians) will not amount to much in the total haul or the big picture or in the after life.  
John Fisher

10/17/2003 2:53 PM
anonymous
what if you are wrong? i mean, about heaven and what is important in life and whether or not there is an afterlife?

10/17/2003 4:42 PM
John Fisher
email

You can say that about anything in life. If you spent all your time saying that about everything you will live in perpetual doubt. Are there things that you don't doubt about, for example: I need to take care of my family or I need to eat and so forth. What if you are wrong about those things?  
Everyone has to make a choice in what they want to believe.  
I don't have any doubt about a heaven or an after life and what is really important in life, the biggest problem I have is trying to live it.  
Thanks!  
John Fisher

10/18/2003 12:34 AM
anonymous
i don't agree with your initial comparison however,  
"Everyone has to make a choice in what they want to believe.  
I don't have any doubt about a heaven or an after life and what is really important in life, the biggest problem I have is trying to live it."  
are some of the finest words i've ever seen posted here. thank you for your insightful reply.  
-a

10/17/2003 4:47 PM
Mousy Nona Re: I'm going to heaven if there's any room
144,000 is that all!!!???  

There must be nearly that many on this thread,they'll have to start killing each other to make sure of getting a Godside seat.It must be as crowded as hell in Hell,I have to say I've more than a little sympathy for the Devil,can't be an easy job can it?

Page 1 of 8 Next> Last Page>>