ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Pro Jr died after Valvulator pulsed

10/11/2004 6:15 AM
MitchMAlloy
email
Re: Pro Jr died after Valvulator pulsed
Thanks Nick I'm tempted to send VHT the bill. Their Valvulator caused it. IT starteed sending out some wacky dc thing or something. IT sounded like somone was knocking on a door. And the lights on my pedals were all flashing. IT was freakish and when I got it to stop the jr was silent and still is. I didn't smell anything strange though. I guess this is a good tie to mod the Jr as I was wanting to anyway I just don't know who to take it to in nashville. It needs more highs and a little more crunch or sag or both.

10/11/2004 2:36 AM
Enzo
email

It could be the transformers, but those are way way down the list of likely. Trannys really don't fail often, and it is certainly not the first thing to look for. You could have an internal fuse that opened, a bad wire connection, a jack problem and so on.

Sunday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

10/11/2004 2:58 PM
anonymous
Yeah, maybe it's only a blown resistor at the input caused by the DC spike.  

One thing for sure, the Valvulator caused the problem since you saw your pedals flashing.  

Nick

10/12/2004 12:46 AM
MitchMAlloy
email

Yes no question it as the Valvulator. I'm just glad it didn't blow my pedals too. It has been a problem since I first plugged it in. I have 2 of them a new one and a used one and the new one is the one I have the problems with. I have emailed them and asked them to take it back with no responce. How many things do you buy and are told by your friends to buy 2 cause one will mess up? And I listened cause they all have amazing tone but to me it's not worth it. I'm swithing back to the voodoo labs pedal power. And I will only need one. :>) Again unfortunatley I cannot really check into what the problem is at this point. I thought if a fuse blew the amp shut down completley. I guess not some fuses? Or some things you guys mentioned. I'll find a guy in Nasvhille to fix it. Thanks again,  

Mitch

<<First Page<Prev Page 2 of 2