ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Eyelet boards

3/16/2004 11:14 PM
Carl Gigun
email
Re: Eyelet boards
I don't know if it's the same as G10, but I cut my fiberglass/epoxy circuit cards with a straight edge and a utility knife. I score the cut as deep as patience allows, then flip it and snap along the straight edge.  

-Carl Gigun

3/16/2004 11:56 PM
wayneosdias
email

Carl,  
ive tried it that way and i doesnt work. i tried it w/the 1/8" and scored it about quarter way thru and still wasnt able to do it. i think its what they make the black boxes in airplanes out of.  

wayne

Sunday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

3/17/2004 2:17 AM
Carl Gigun
email

Wow, rugged. Mind if I ask what you get in exchange for the increased cutting/drilling difficulty of G10 vs other fiberglass+epoxy boards? I know it comes in colors, which is fun, but that's all I know about it ;)  

-Carl Gigun

3/17/2004 2:34 AM
wayneosdias
email

well for me it may be extreme, but if you wanted do rack systems w/ tubes and or trannies right on the board i dont think itd be a problem. hoffman used to make amps like that. also its heat/conductive resistance is much better than phenolic and breadboard, but have no idea how it fares against the product your using. a 12x12" sheet is around $10. in the future ill probably start using the 1/16" as my boards just suspend small passives.  

basically its cheap, strong wont suffer from tweed disease and is what was rec'd when i built my first amp, a hoffman 5e3. only other thing ive used is radio shack bread board and terminal strips.  

wayne

<<First Page<Prev Page 3 of 3