ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Eyelet boards

3/13/2004 5:49 PM
Chuck Re: Eyelet boards
I use a carbide disc on my Dremel. I think it's carbide. It's the one used to cut ceramic tile (but you can't really use it for that, It goes right through the G10 though). If your really picky you can smooth the sharp corners with fine sandpaper.  

Chuck

3/13/2004 7:57 PM
wayneosdias
email

metal blade jigsaw or table saw.  

wayne

Sunday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

3/15/2004 1:57 PM
rooster
Do you use a fine tooth or thin blade on the tablesaw? If you know of a good blade profile that works, lemme know. I need to cut about 10 pieces, and was mulling over getting a grinding blade for the tablesaw, but if a toothed blade works, I would easily opt for that.  

rooster.

3/15/2004 7:09 PM
Greg Simon
email

Is G10 just plastic like acrylic or something? I don't think I've ever seen any. Does it have more than one layer? Help me out here someone!....  
Greg

3/15/2004 8:16 PM
Mark Lavelle
G10 is fiberglass (which is why you should wear a mask if you cut it in a way that puts particles into the air).  

Got to http://www.mcmaster.com/ and search for "g10 sheet" (without the quotes, natch).

3/15/2004 11:23 PM
wayneosdias
email

i cnat comment on the table swa as ive never used one to cut g10, just jig saw. ive beeen told that a table saw works, but with what blade i have no idea. As im sure youd find a blade that works, it may be costly as the g10 goes thru blades like no ones biz.  

wear a mask!!!!! dont even debate it!!!!  

wayne

3/16/2004 10:57 PM
Shea
email

I use a table saw. The blade should be carbide tipped and have a lot of teeth. Mine is a 10" and I think it has 60 teeth.  

Shea

<<First Page<Prev Page 2 of 3 Next> Last Page>>