ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Opinion on Rockefortte amplifiers?

7/12/2002 5:42 AM
christian sverchek
email
Opinion on Rockefortte amplifiers?
I had the chance to hear a sound clip of a rockefortte amp and so far its been the closest to the exact sound of Van halens brown sound but for 3 grand , talk about ruining a wet dream. Is there anybody that can perform a mod to get this sound for far less ?

7/18/2002 3:30 PM
jeff
email

Yes - Doug Roccaforte.  

He modded my '73 Super Lead to use his 'higain' 100 watt amp preamp. Not only can it do VH1-2, but does medium and lower gain Marshall crunch/scream better than any other Marshall or Marshall clone I've come across.  

Cost? The mod itself was $325 (this was as of October 2001). Got the amp itself off eBay for $800.  

There is a Roccaforte-modded Super Lead (same higain mod) on eBay right now with a Buy It Price of $1099... check out http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=894289152

Tuesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

7/21/2002 7:34 AM
Mark P.
email

It looks like not everyone is so hot on roccoforte amps, or should i say just roccaforte himself.  

http://www.geocities.com/noroccaforte  

warning::language  

=mp=

7/21/2002 9:54 PM
Jeff
email

Damn, if that stuff is true I might not want to give my money to a hate mongor.

8/28/2002 9:53 PM
Doug Roccaforte
email

First of all, Im not a hate monger.  
AGA threads get blown way out of text, and you need to read the whole intire threads before passing judgement on me.  
I have many Asian, Black, hispanic and other friends.  
Looks like someone who is hiding behind a PC has a bone to pick with me, and lacks any kind of guts to reveal who he is.  
Typical net sniper.  
Doug

8/29/2002 2:54 PM
Ambrose Chapel
email

Doug,  

I think your a stand up guy for the most part. However I remember a thread on Harmony Central where both you and Crusty(Crusty Cabs) made racist remarks towards a Johnny Ou(I think thats his name - Asian, over weight, etc). Left me with a bad taste, but more so I felt it was unprofessional.  

There's no archives of Harmony Central's messages boards so I can't qoute you at this point and I have no 'bone to pick' with you, but I can see where people would get the impression of racism.  

My 2 cents for what it's worth.  

AC

8/31/2002 3:07 AM
mike
funny, where did the rest of the posts go?????

Page 1 of 7 Next> Last Page>>