ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Rockman schematics....

9/28/2003 2:20 AM
Luijo
email
Rockman schematics....
Anyone has schems for a rockman soloist device?....or know where i can get it?  
I want to gain some insight on the way distortion is produced and shaped in that device,so i guess a schem of any distortion-producing rockman device would be useful...  
Thanks in advance folks...  

Luijo

9/28/2003 12:17 PM
Steve Dallman
email

If you do a patent search, you will find the schematics of the original Rockman which should help. Nothing special, just op amps, diode clipping (I think LED's if I remember right) and some bandpass shaping.

Tuesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

9/28/2003 2:11 PM
Stephen Giles
Try US4584700 or US4683589.  

Stephen

9/28/2003 3:40 PM
Luijo
email

Thanks guys...can you please hand over the URL for the patent search site?

9/28/2003 5:40 PM
Luijo
email

Can i get the schematics there?

10/2/2003 6:47 PM
Ben N
email

On the same general topic, any schems or tips as to how to make one of those oddball power supplies for the Rockmans? Thanks in advance,  
Ben

10/3/2003 5:55 PM
Luijo
email

If i'm not mistaken,i guess you could use a regular 12v power supply and create with a couple of resistors and caps a fake dual polarity power supply at -6 and +6 volts...i'm sure you know what i'm talking about...

Page 1 of 1