ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

mini-Qtron or Qtron questions...

2/11/2003 9:09 AM
Rewey
email
mini-Qtron or Qtron questions...
Hi all,  

Well, I just played on my first mini-Qtron today, and I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Now to make one (or die trying!)...  

Are there any schems/pcb's, etc... out there to have a crack at it?  

Many thanks in advance!  

Rewey

2/11/2003 3:12 PM
Mark Hammer
The Neutron project at GEOFEX (www.geofex.com) comes very close. You can also try looking at some of the other envelope-controlled filters at JD Sleep's generalguitargadgets site. Take a peek at my paper on the technology of auto-wahs at hammer.ampage.org. That will give you a better sense of what's in there, what to look for, and how to make what you have what you want.

Friday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

2/13/2003 3:31 AM
Loauc
You can also check the supertron, made by Scott Swartz. Very nice and big improvement on the stock design.  

http://msswartz.tripod.com/supertron1.htm

Page 1 of 1