ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: Who lives and who dies...

12/31/2002 10:47 PM
CharlieTheBeast Re: Who lives and who dies...
Just a few more thoughts.  

I still believe in developing the best product you can to effectively compete against the competition.  

Someone once said, the secret to success is to do a good job and toot your horn. That strategy has far less risk than a) developing a bad product and tooting your horn or b) developing a good product and not tooting.  

A good business plan may well be to design an effect that is:  

- clever  
- original  
- vintage sounding  
- anything else  

-c

12/30/2002 6:01 PM
CYNICALMAN Re: ZVex schematics?
I am pretty sure A Coleman has them.

Wednesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

1/15/2003 3:06 PM
A Colman
email

What I have is the ZEN realization that I couldn't care less about ZVex effects and all the insanity surrounding the obsession that the "comunity" has with just another effects maker.  
Some people believe that not posting his schems is the right thing to do and they believe it sincerelly,others just go with the flow and pipe in to suck up as if somehow it gave you some brownie poits at the forum.Maybe there are no schems to post at this time.The excuse that Zach participates in this forum graciously etc is kind of weak,aside from some very general or right down esoteric points I haven't read a single (or very few) posts from Zach that was any help for the up and comming DIYr .NO SCHEM FOR YOU TODAY(with soup nazi accent from Seinfeld).  
All this shait does ids help Zvex which could be a good thing,I mean I'm not against Zach it's just that I'm not really interested in furthering his business either,I'm a DIYr and as such I want to build things myself,period.  
I made a lot of cyber friends here and learned a lot but I also learned there's a lot of weirdoes out there.Up until now I did not want to say notheing but since I posted that JOKE about having ZVex's schems and "knowing the secret" I have received emails of people posing as someone else asking weird questions and yesterday a mysterious attachment with a SAMPLE,no signature,no ID nothing.I laugh,I erased it without opening but there you go,people try.I checked my post the other day and it's nearing 500 hits,what does that tell you?.  
I want to make it clear,if I had Zvex schems I would post them,i don't have them,I was trying to make a point of how everybody sais they are in favor of no posting and yet I get 500 hits on a possible schem rumor.  
I got this thing that I believe,no effect or amp will make you a better player,there's no magic pill.Yes,if I was kidnapped by aliens just before they probe me I would ask them to make me the best player in the world but after watching SIGNS I don't think they'd comply.  
A bad driver on a Ferrari is just a faster bad driver.  
I've heard those cars are really good,especially the red ones.  
I sincerelly like you all and therefore I have to be honest,if I had ZVex schems......  
I WOULD POST THEM ASAP(by the same token I'm not actively searching for those particular schems any harder than others)  
Aharon

1/15/2003 9:28 PM
A Colman
email

Hey CYNICALMAN,I'm a dummy and have bad timing.I ereased that mysterious email BEFORE i read your post.Oh well,dummy me.  
Aharon

1/15/2003 3:35 AM
Ben N
email

If you're after sonic mayhem, take a look at Joe Gagan's schemos like the Dino Fuzz, etc, which he chooses to share freely (probly for the reasons in RG's post below). He's got some samples posted, so you may find that this is the ticket.

<<First Page<Prev Page 5 of 5