ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

ZVex schematics?

11/16/2002 12:09 PM
georg f.
email
ZVex schematics?
anyone got schematics of ZVex' Fuzz Factory or Wooly Mammouth?  
been searching for quite some time...  

thanks!!!  
have a nice day :)

11/16/2002 2:20 PM
Chris Winsemius ( CMW amps )
email
because
ZVex does visit Ampage too and he's such a cool guy and does have a small business it's "not done" to ask for such info ( not to offend you in anyway ! ) .  

have a nice weekend !  

Chris

Tuesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

11/17/2002 4:30 PM
MM
Hello.  

With all due respect, but once I read a post by Z. Vex on Aron's forum and was amazed how rude one can get. We got to see some very, very bad language comming from Z. Vex. If that's our hero, then...  

On the other hand, Mr. Vex, if that was someone impersonating You, please do accept my apologies.  

The reply was on a post by some guy who wanted to be pointed to a pedal which would make his amp 'scream'.  

I do not support sharing schematics designed by Mr. Vex or others trying to earn their bread designing unique circuits. This was simply a character issue.  

Greetings,  
Marko M.

11/17/2002 4:41 PM
Chris Winsemius ( CMW amps )
email

Hi MM  

I fully agree with you .  
I did reply to Georges' posting 'cause I do know a couple of "boutigue/small-business" builders who did experience bad things because of schematics on the internet .  
To be honest : I really want to know every circuit ( and used parts , ha ha ) but you've to respect guys who are working very hard to make their tone-demanding customers at least 100% happy , pay their bills and feed their wifes , kids and pets .  
I've never seen a "not very nice" posting from Zach. over here on Ampage but sometimes everybody can be moody .....  

Chris

12/10/2002 1:25 AM
CharlieTheBeast
Seems to me that cloning anything would violate somebody somewhere along the line. Are you suggesting that it's OK to do it to everybody else but Zach?  

Also, has Zach ever cloned anyone else's effects? Maybe built a fuzz face clone somewhere along the line?  

I'm not an expert on copyrights and patents, but what is the law on these things? Maybe that's where to start instead of saying Zachs a good guy so we don't clone his stuff.  

-c

12/10/2002 5:13 PM
Skreddy
email

Here's a really basic synopsis: http://www.colitz.com/site/paexamf.htm  

We generally find that most guitar effects are either obvious extensions of existing technology or simply combinations of earlier published circuits.  

Which brings us back to "Zach's a good guy so we don't clone his stuff".

12/10/2002 7:59 PM
Stephen Giles Cloning
It's a hard world out there today. I think it's fair to say that the bottom line profit of companies like Roland and Ibanez would not be affected by people like us cloning their products. However, guys trading on their own, whose very livelyhood depends on selling the product which they have designed could have their earnings noticably reduced by cloning, purely because of small sales volumes. So...no discussion really, lets be decent about this. Now, anyone who can clone a Boss PH3 deserves a medal!

Page 1 of 5 Next> Last Page>>