ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

How Can I Verify the Vintage of These Pickups?

5/4/2003 12:54 AM
DD
email
How Can I Verify the Vintage of These Pickups?
I got these strat pickups from a friend about two years ago. He said that the vintage was around 69'or 70'. Any ideas on their true vintage and approximate value in today's market? Much appreciated!  

Dan  
P.S. Here's the URL, hope it works.  
When viewing the pictures, be sure to click twice on the single images so that the title drops out the image expands to full-size.  

http://www.sendpix.com/albums/03050316/1648570000000427e8ad837dea2a4b6b97f1303a8482e5/

5/6/2003 4:13 AM
Come On Guys, Not Even a Guess?
email

I'd really like to know..............

Wednesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

5/6/2003 4:32 AM
Travis
email

I could make out "932" on the bottom side stamp. Possibly 32nd week of '69? Seems like I saw some up on Ebay a while back and the claimed vintage matched somehow to the stamping.

5/6/2003 1:51 PM
SK
pics don't work for me here (at work) But the date should be ink stamped on the bottom, Those years probably grey bottom plates,

5/6/2003 3:01 PM
Pics say "forbidden"?? Try this:
email

Because the Sendpix URL is so long, sometimes the tail end is place on the next line, which won't work. Try simply attaching the tail to the main body of the URL. That usually fixes the problem. Thanks for your help!

5/6/2003 7:01 PM
Gunno
email

Dan ,  
the number on the first pickup seems to be "9329" , well , grey bottom plate , if the last number is "9" , it should be a '69 ( by 1969 Fender started to rubber-stamp a 4 to 6-digit number in BLACK ink on the bottom plate according to Duchossoir's Stratocaster book ).  
Is it "932T" on Pickup nr 2 ??  
The letter "T" ???

5/6/2003 7:39 PM
DD
Thanks Gunno,  

It sure looks like a "T", any idea what that would designate?

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>