ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Another Alternative

8/26/2002 2:27 AM
WolfeMacleod
email
Another Alternative
Just found a link to some forum software.  
http://www.phpbb.com/  
It's a nice, user freindly forum format that can be modified to taste.  

Also, found a hosting site that for less than $10/month can get us 200 MB storage space and 20 Gigs of transfer per month, plus alot more.  
www.ipowerweb.com  
Thinking of registering something like www.pickupwinding.org  
or something like that.  
This message is crossposted at the old forum too.  

What do we think?  

Wolfe

8/26/2002 2:12 PM
Tony
email

Wolfe  

I checked out your link and I couldn't get any forums up... and their demo had a critical failure....... doesn't sound promising.  

Will keep it in mind though..  

Cheers  

Tony  
Mastertone Pickups

Saturday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

8/26/2002 4:00 PM
WolfeMacleod
email

YEa, I saw the demo forum was down. Might be a server issue or something, or an upgrade/hack they attempted to put into it.  
Since that forum software is "open source" programmers are free to modify it at will and try new things with it.  
I'm gunna see if my website host will support a test run for it though, and try to see how well it works.  

Wolfe

Page 1 of 1