ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

War Death Count Reaches Major Milestone

7/18/2003 2:41 AM
anon War Death Count Reaches Major Milestone
As of today, the US combat death toll in Iraq from hostile fire was 147 US soldiers dead, equaling the number of US troops killed by hostile fire in Gulf War I.  

If the death toll continues to rise, will Americans continue to support Bush and his war?

7/18/2003 2:55 PM
Frank DeSalvo
Anon,  

Hey. Here's what annoys me:  

This is a war. Why is the media reporting on every single American casualty? This is approaching ludicrous and it is undermining the effort of the president and the American majority.  

No one said this would be an easy and bloodless war. Look at our position as occupying this foreign country. There are no clearly marked front lines left in Iraq and we exist and operate in the very midst of the country's core. From sight it is impossible to discern friend from foe. Bottom line is it's a lousy set of circumstances and it's going to cost lives. :(  

~F

Sunday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

7/18/2003 3:32 PM
anon
What annoys many people is this potentially is a war created on false pretenses.  

Let's face it Frank, the bible clearly says lying is a sin. Did Bush lie when he said Iraq had WMD's? Did Bush lie when he claimed Iraq was seeking nuclear material? So far no WMD's found and the nuclear story was found to be grossly inaccurate. If they were lies, they were whoppers!  

NEW FLASH - THIS JUST IN FROM YAHOO NEWS:  

"U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Bob Graham said on Thursday there were grounds to impeach President Bush if he was found to have led America to war under false pretenses."  

I think Bush could be impeached. It's one thing to be impeached for getting a BJ in the white house and another whole thing for recklessly spilling American blood based on inaccurate or potentially false information.  

And don't preach this bible crap to us if you are gonna stand there and support potential sinful lying by government leaders. You either follow the Lord or you don't. The Lord is clear on this. "Thou shalt not bear false witnesses."

7/18/2003 4:44 PM
Frank DeSalvo
First off, Anon, I don't understand why you are speaking to me this way. Have I attacked you?  

Secondly, I don't support anyone who starts a war under false pretenses, as you suggest. Who can say if he is lying? By your logic, you side with the media who has a lengthy history of twisting and perverting the truth hand-in-hand with politicians. That makes you a "false witness." Do you see how rediculous this logic sounds?  

You say that "You think Bush Could be impeached." Well, what could be and what is may be two different things and right now, you don't know. SO you base your entire argument off of "false pretenses" and assumptions. If there are any grounds to impeach Bush on, then let Justice prevail, my friend. If he wrongly accused the Iraqis and caused the unecessary death of thousands of terrorists in Iraq, then let's throw him under the jail.  

"And don't preach this bible crap to us if you are gonna stand there and support potential sinful lying by government leaders. You either follow the Lord or you don't. The Lord is clear on this. "Thou shalt not bear false witnesses"  

I'm not "preaching" as you say, Anon. Also reread your last paragraph for everyone's benefit. We all support people who are "potentially sinful," you condescending fool. You and I are "potentially sinful." The Lord is abundantly clear on many things...  

~F

7/18/2003 6:15 PM
anon
Frankie, I can only judge a man based on what he says explicitly. Bush explicitly said he knew Iraq had WMD's. You may think that I made that up, but no, he really said that. And none have been found yet. So where are they? And what false witness are you reffering to regarding the media? Are you saying that the media lied by saying no WMD's found yet?  

Frankie, just trying to get a handle on what you are saying.

7/18/2003 6:26 PM
Frank DeSalvo
Look, only my mom calls me Frankie! :D  

I know what Bush said, but how are we going to tell when he is lying? Hell, I didn't vote for him.  

And what false witness are you reffering to regarding the media? Are you saying that the media lied by saying no WMD's found yet?  

Anon, please reread that, man. I'm pulling your logic into the spotlight. I merely said that if you are going to call me a false witness for supporting a "potentially lying president," then by using your logic, I can call you one for supporting the media which is known for distorting the truth. THe WMD thing has nothing to do with that point, amigo.  

~F

7/18/2003 6:45 PM
anon
Frank, I didn't say you were "bearing false witness." If that's how it sounded then I retract what I said because you seem to be a fairly honest guy.  

What I said was, you seem to be supporting someone who potentially told a few big whoppers to the public to get a war going. In other words, I know you didn't lie about anything really. Instead I'm just questioning your judgement about supporting someone who potentially was less than honest.  

And please notice that I have not yet explicitly called Cowboy Junior a liar. I was careful to qualify my statements to say that he potentially lied. Maybe in the end WMD's will be found. At this point, however, it's starting to look like that might have equal chances to finding a snowball in hell.  

Hope that clarifies it.

Page 1 of 4 Next> Last Page>>