ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Political Compass test

12/16/2003 9:49 PM
jaysg
email
Political Compass test
http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/  

If you take the test, there will be an x-y grid you land on. I mapped to the same place as Jean Chretien. What does that mean?

12/16/2003 10:31 PM
Peter Snow
It means you are all washed up! Chretien just reliquished his post as prime minister of Canada in favour of Paul Martin :)  

Good day, eh,  

Peter

Sunday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

12/17/2003 4:35 AM
jaysg
...you hoser, eh!

12/17/2003 5:46 PM
Mark Hammer
email

Nah, just means you talk a little bit more out of the left side of your mouth than the right side. :)  

I was quite surprised to find myself superimposed precisely above Nelson Mandela (-6.1/-3.1). Though I have some qualms about the survey methodology, I'm genuinely flattered and also a little taken aback by the sheer irony. In 1960, when I was 7 or 8, and my mom sent me to the store to buy fruit, she used to tell me to be sure not to buy stuff from South Africa because she did not like "the way they treat black people". I don't think she realized just exactly how formative those boycott requests were! Weird, huh?  

I took this thing once before a while back with what I believe was a slightly different set of questions and am still as much of a flaming radical as I was then, or as someone on another thread called me, "a liberal". If the government that employs me only knew.

12/17/2003 6:43 PM
Love Hippie
You said:  

"I was quite surprised to find myself superimposed precisely above Nelson Mandela"  

Me says:  

Yeah, that pretty much confirms it: LIBERAL. Looks like a definite pattern is emerging. More than a single observation of liberal tendencies.  

- Love Hippie (The Caring Person)

12/17/2003 11:33 AM
Ajay
Cripes! I plopped on the Dalai Lamas square. I've been a Buddhist for 30 years.Coincidence or a good test?

12/18/2003 12:10 AM
Gene
email

What does it mean?  

Not much...  
Don't worry! :)  

The questions are loaded... specifically, to force the test taker as a minimum.. to agree or disagree with a question that may be currently an "issue" topic, rather than a absolute.  

Notice that the folks who developed this little quiz.. do not give credence to Anglo political thinkers.. Jefferson, Adams,et al..  

Basically the test will group you into what ever is the political landscape de jour is to define left or right.  

My results placed me as a "Thatcherite"..  
Hee heeee  

take care Jay  

Gene

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>