ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

The BIG Four - Oh

7/25/2003 1:31 PM
giustd The BIG Four - Oh
Turning 40 today, cut me in half and count the rings.  
Does this mean I can't play rock and roll anymore, have to stop ogling young girls, and drink sasparilla instead of beer?  

ooh, the downward spiral...

7/25/2003 1:47 PM
dr.KT88
email

congrats!  

You should live your life always as YOU see fit. Drink, screw or whatever  

Dr.KT88

Saturday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

7/25/2003 1:59 PM
Mark Hammer
email

Nope. None of that has to change. What it does mean is that you now get to trade jokes with other guys about "the prostate exam". ;)  

In most research looking at subjective age, people in the retirement age range get asked "How old do you feel?" Typically, if they feel like warmed over droppings and their life has gone to hell,, they will say they feel their own age or older. If they are healthy, fit, financially comfortable, and everything else is going their way (including we assume, certain "things" going up), they tend to say they feel in their early 40's. Given that these folks have often seen at least one and a half times more life than that, and also have the choice to say they feel 20 without being laughed at, we can safely assume that they see this period as the crossroads of a lot of good things in their lives.  

So rejoice, you're in the "magic zone". You wouldn't stroll through a gallery with a blindfold on, or go to a concert with your ears plugged. Find the special things about this age and go for them with gusto!  

Happy birthday.

7/25/2003 3:38 PM
MBSetzer
email

back home in my country life begins at 65 . . .  

Mike

7/25/2003 3:37 PM
Stefaan Van Slycken
email

two words: Rolling Stones  
they're 500 years old & still R&R!!  

SVS.

7/25/2003 3:46 PM
dr.KT88
email

Have you seen robert plant lately? he didn´t age well. His blood pressure must be 300 over 250 as his eyes seem ready to blow out of his skull.

7/25/2003 8:19 PM
giustd
That's supposed to make me feel better KT? ;)  
I feel pretty good for my age and have been told I look a lot younger than my age. I'm milking that one as long as I can.  
It's a number, it's here, tomorrow's another day, get on with it.  
I'll be in front of a beer in 45 minutes so everything's fine.

Page 1 of 3 Next> Last Page>>