ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Body made of Elm?

8/3/2003 8:24 AM
ppeterka
email
Body made of Elm?
Greetings from Hungary!  

A local dealer will sell very nicely priced guitars, with bodies made of elm wood. What can I expect about their tone (of course with better-than-stock PUs)?  
And what about their Floyds, is it possible that they are Jackson parts?  

They can be seen at www.lanyao.com . I personally like the V-190 named guitar, which costs about $240. (which is very low considering local prices)  

Best Regards,  
Peter Pasztor

8/4/2003 7:54 PM
Nathan Noel
email

Good looking knock off of the Ibanez S series...  

Elm should sound very nice... it should be somewhere between alder and hard ash tonally.  

The floyd is exactly the same as the Jackson bridge... Which is not bad. I like my tremolo arm to stay where I put it and not swing around. I can't get this one to do that. I've got to look into replacement arms for it.  

I'm wondering if they are'nt the maker of some of the Jackson imports. Their "Custom" is spooky similar to my import Jackson PC-3 (which is a very nice guitar on it's own).

Tuesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

10/24/2003 7:06 PM
Frank De Salvo
email

Some nice designs to be found in there.  
~F

Page 1 of 1