ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Deluxe Reverb transformers

11/12/2003 2:03 PM
Allen Deluxe Reverb transformers
I'm looking for any information about the many Deluxe Reverb replacement output transformers available.  
Is the New Sensor (inexpensive) part any good?

11/12/2003 4:23 PM
andy fuchs
email

The NSE is surprisingly good, and reasonably priced. Allen amps also makes upgraded iron for most Fenders that's also very good.

Sunday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

11/12/2003 5:14 PM
Casey4s
email

I just recently purchased a great BFDR OT from AES,  
( http:www.tubesandmore.com )Great price and excellent performance.  

Casey4s

11/12/2003 5:16 PM
Casey4s
email
Ooops!
Try this URL instead,  

http://www.tubesandmore.com  

Casey4s

11/15/2003 11:53 AM
bob p Re: Deluxe Reverb transformers
Another good option to consider is the Mercury Magnetics repro BFDR OT. I've used it in a number of builds and IMHO you couldn't ask for anything better.

11/26/2003 2:23 PM
Allen
Thanks guys for the input. Probably will try the New Sensor version. Will let you know how it turns out.

11/27/2003 5:23 PM
Chuck
I haven't used one, but Kendrick sells one they call AHR that is an 11 interleaved OT for a pair of 6V6s that is said to be super efficient and makes the DR as loud as 50 watts. I've read some good things about it and I've always wanted to try one. Pretty spendy though.  

Chuck

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>