ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Crate TV50H

7/21/2003 5:40 PM
gtrboy
email
Crate TV50H
does anybody have a schematic of any of the crate turbo valve amps? i just got a TV50H and i want to make it into a monster.  

gtrboy

7/23/2003 3:57 AM
gtrboy
email

biz-ump!!

Saturday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

8/1/2003 9:40 PM
gtrboy
email

i know someone has a crate tv series schematic. im tracing it right now and it looks close to the vintage club series. save me this tedious task!! please send a schematic.  

gtrboy

8/1/2003 10:24 PM
MBSetzer
email

I don't have the drawing, but in the past when I needed one for a modern Crate or Ampeg I would call SLM (the manufacturer) on the toll free line and ask the service department to send me a copy.  

Mike

8/1/2003 11:36 PM
gtrboy
email

they wanted to charge me $20 or something like that. its a lot for a schematic.  

gtrboy

8/2/2003 12:03 AM
Chris ( CMW amps )
email

Hi gtrboy  

Not to offend you in any way ( truly !!! ) and I've never dealt with SLM : how did you ask for that schematic .  
I've experienced that the "tone" of the question does have a great effect on the people that possibly can help you . In the last 14 years working on amps I did get about 80% from the requested schematics for free . Some friends and co-workers did tell me they were amazed hearing me doing telephone-calls to get "some work done" by other companies . A great guitar-building-buddy ( and one of the most kind persons I know ) did tell me about the hard times getting some info on pickups , I did call those companies for info and I did send him the mail I got from them , strange .....  

Again : I truly don't wanna offend you ( honest ) and I don't know 'bout dealing with SLM  

My offer : if you do have an export-amp ( I'm living in the Netherlands so the mainsvolatge is 230 Volts over here ) and if you can email me the serial# ( only if you didn't give that to SLM already ) I'll try everything to help you by emailing SLM and see if I can get one for free .  
Hope they don't visit Anmpage :) LOL  

Chris

8/2/2003 5:59 AM
gtrboy
email

thank you very much. i was looking at my request at the top and it looked a little strong. tone is so hard to detect when reading. that message was actually sent to bump up an earlier request. i e-mailed slm for the schematic and they sent me back the price of the schematic. i called today but the techs leave at 3:30pm CST. i was a little late. ampage is just so awesome and theres so many great and helpful people i figured someone here would have it. peavey is super cool about schematics and they sent me a triumph 60 schem electronically. pignose was very friendly as well. different companies, different policies. thanks!  

gtrboy

Page 1 of 1