Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Bourns wah pot

10/29/2002 5:18 PM
Thom Bourns wah pot
Anyone know the Bourns part # for a crybaby wah replacement pot. I can't seem to find it in the mouser catalog.
10/31/2002 10:47 AM

odds are you wont find a suitable replacement til you look at  
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.
11/5/2002 7:11 PM
Bourns conductive plastic pot (100K linear) part number is 91A1AB28B20
1/24/2003 6:14 AM
Rick Erickson

A standard 100K linear pot won't work in a Crybaby wah. The original pot sweep is 100K and Linear but the total resistance sweep happens in less than 180 deg. of rotation. You won't get the familiar "Wah" sound from a 270 deg. pot. It will be very weak, with no vocal quality.  
Word! :)  
3/28/2003 9:55 PM
Well, last May I put a 100K lin Bourns in my JH-1 sound I ever had with that pedal(IMHO of course).  
3/29/2003 11:46 PM
Rick Erickson

Where did you purchase this Bourns pot? I'm guessing it's one of the custom made ones from Roger Mayer or his associate in Hawaii.  
4/3/2003 2:53 PM
Rick, it's from RS-Components, UK.I bought it years ago from an electronic parts surplus shop.It seems to be a standard lin.type.  
   Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>