ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Re: bsiab

1/9/2003 9:49 AM
BURT
email
Re: bsiab
Does it sound like metal pedal (sepultura, metallica etc .) ?????  
I have a plan to build this...please tell me the sound...  

thanks

1/9/2003 2:37 PM
Alf
email

I think it's more like a Van Halen sound, a good old Marshall at a lower voltage. But I don't really care , as long as it sustains, has a good attack and best of all your sound doesn't get muddled, separate notes remain very articulate.  
I use it mainly on a clean channel but the volume mustn't be too low, I drive the amp a little below halfway.  

Alf

Monday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

1/12/2003 6:02 AM
john
email

I guess there's always some dirt in there but playing wityh the gain and volumes ofthe pedal and guitar settles it down a little. Hey do any of yours feedback when you turn up the tone. believe it or not where I placed the board in the box and trimming the excess connect wire helped that but its still there when I turn the tone up. I built this one mainly with ceramic caps(they were available). I was changing out the 1000pf cap with some larger values just a little goes a long way there as far as browness and output level goe. I gotta get a little more bass through as well. This pedal has so much potential for my sound I'm very happy so far  

john

1/13/2003 7:25 PM
Paul M.
email

I just built the BSIAB last week. I love it!  

PJM

1/14/2003 4:50 AM
john
email

ceramic or poly caps? Does youres produce any squeeling when you get things cranked. It's quite the pedal ,I love it even though its pretty noisy.  
Where I positioned the main board in relation to the millinium bypass in the case effected the noise.  

john

1/16/2003 1:31 PM
Marittiello
email

Use shielded cables for input and output, i've made this mod on my unic with good results, the whistles that generate the effect are the result of great amount of gain, auto oscillations are pretty easy.

1/17/2003 3:35 PM
Paul M.
email

I used mostly poly caps, with a couple of ceramics that were not in the signal path. I have found there is not much difference between the two, as long as you use high voltage ceramics, 1KV type.  
It's not too hard to get squealing on this circuit. I did a few unconventional things to stop it. Mine is not noisy, though. What JFETs did you use? I used the J201s and have not had a problem with noise at all.  
I don't use the Millenium bypass. I just spend a few more dollars and get a 3PDT switch. It's just a lot less hassle. The four Mill 2 circuits I have built just never worked properly for me.  
The more I use my BSIAB, the more I like it. It's only been like 10 days, or so...  

PJM

<<First Page<Prev Page 2 of 2