ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

bsiab

1/6/2003 4:29 AM
john
email
bsiab
I just got mine done and it is the most incredible pedal. Anyone else build one of these? I need to let a little more bass through any suggestions?  

john

1/6/2003 5:00 AM
Lpstudio
email

Get yourself a traynor mark3 head I hear they have alot of bass :)hehehehe or you could build a Big muff HO!. Check out my photoessay on tonepad.  

Man it's fun to throw a dig at a band member online as well as in person  

Rock on John  

Lpstudio

Wednesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

1/6/2003 2:15 PM
swt
tried changing the cap that goes from gate to drain in the fets, raising its value, raises the bass response. Also, changing the coupling cap going out from there, helps a little. Think of it as a tube preamp. I also build it, and i like it, but i'm actually using it as a preamp qith a cabinet emulator, to record things direct to my pc. With the marshall speaker emulator, it's a killer sound. I also modded it to have a clean sound, and the origianl one, with a couple of switches.

1/6/2003 11:33 PM
BoB
email

Hahah, i've got an old Traynor MarkIII combo!  
I implore you, unless you have the strength of ten men, do not buy one! It's the heaviest thing i've ever seen, seriously, it's heavier than my Fiesta! ERmm, actually, maybe not!  
To be honest with you though, i can't say much about it's bass response, since i haven't heard it yet (had it since july!). Being a (VERY) poor student i can't afford the re-valve, so if anyone in the UK wants it (needs a full set of valves) let me know!  
Also, does anyone know what Reverb pan it should use? It doesn't have one at the moment, so any ideas on it's value? (Interior's V. Good, hand wired, exterior a little tatty).  
This should really be in another forum i know, but hey!  
*BoB*

1/7/2003 1:48 AM
EW
email

Heavier than Peavey?!? I swear those things must be made of cement. Just the thought of my old 1x18"-2x10" cab brings on another hernia... but I digress..

1/20/2003 5:43 PM
A Colman
email

Then try the Traynor Custom Special and see the workout that puts you through.  
Aharon

1/7/2003 3:31 PM
Alf
email

Hi there,  

I also built it , two of them actually with different caps; one with ceramic caps and another with styroflex and they make a huge difference, the one with styroflexes had a tighter sound, but I LIKE THEM BOTH very much. I tried to get a cleaner sound from it but never succeeded so my question is how did you manage to calm it down ?  

Alf

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>