ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

it's alive!!!!!!!

12/6/2003 2:52 AM
Joel
email
it's alive!!!!!!!
Well guys, Gary and I finished the amp. All in all, it went smoothly. And by the way, this was not one of Bruce's kits. However, Bruce answered many questions and even went out of his way to help us. He deserves many thanks. If anyone is interested in viewing pics of this amp visit:  

http://www.shackwaterjack.com/new_page_2.htm  

There is one sound clip so far. This is only the beginning.

12/6/2003 2:42 AM
Gary
email

And we have another chassis,...so another beautiful deluxe is forthcoming.  

Also, this is also our bands website, so browse if ya want :)

Friday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

12/6/2003 3:00 AM
bnwitt
Gary,  
you guys rock! Great job on Pride and Joy. Sounds like the band is having a great time and everyone is really tight. Keep on rockin' dudes and dudette.

12/6/2003 2:52 AM
bnwitt Death cap
Gary,  
the general opinion around the boards is not to use the ground polarity switch you have installed for safety reasons. You should probably remove it and install a standby switch in it's place.

12/6/2003 3:08 AM
bnwitt
Joel,  
sorry for the Gary stuff

12/6/2003 3:24 AM
Joel
email

No problem. I wanted to keep it original but after the build was complete, I regretted not using a standby switch. Oh well, it can be changed easily enough. Thanks for checking out our website.

12/6/2003 3:25 AM
Gary
email

Thanx for the props on that "humbucker" version of an SRV tune....and as far as the ground switch....all old amps have it...I dont see it as a hinderance, but if the general population thinks its dangerous, id replace it...dont want to fry my rhythm guy. :)  

My '66 Tremolux's ground switch has taken the hum out of the amp on numerous occasions, but thats all it's done.  

What did everyone think of Joel's Pipeline demo on the 5E3 clone?

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>