ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Mission 5e3 for Sale

11/21/2003 7:59 PM
Marco
email
Mission 5e3 for Sale
I have a great sounding Mission 5e3 that I need taken off my hands. I built it in January 2003 and I recently had it rebuilt by Jeff Snider of Jeff's Custom Guitars in San Diego. I took it to him to make the amp a road worthy beast. He did just that. It has a '58 Jensen P12Q that was reconed by Ted Weber. NOS GE 6v6s, Phillips 5y3, Groove Tubes 12ax7c, EH 12ay7. $650 plus shipping from San Diego.  

I am only letting it go cause it doesn't get played (not loud enough)  

Thanks,  

Marco

11/24/2003 11:59 PM
Curly
email

Marco,  
that's a great deal  
if I didn't have one already, and another planned, I'd consider it.  
Jeff is the best tech in San Diego, IMO. I always take my stuff to him.  

good luck with your sale

Tuesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

11/26/2003 3:51 PM
bnwitt
Marco,  
have you thought about converting it to 6L6's instead of taking it on the chin financially by selling it so cheap? Bruce has the transformer and other parts to do it. It would probably cost you about $70  
Barry

11/26/2003 4:54 PM
Aaron
email

there's also adding an extension speaker/cab....

11/26/2003 6:59 PM
TD Madden
email

Well, I've built two tweedies (both with Celestion Blue AlNiCo 12's). Just replaced one with a Weber BlueDog (30-watt) I had, and I'm thinking about selling it (the tweedie)....I suppose I could e-bay it, but I'd rather deal with fellow-enthusiasts.  

Any interest, email me (remove the -no and spam-)

Page 1 of 1