ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

AC line voltage = 130?

1/25/2001 7:05 PM
poboy
email
AC line voltage = 130?
I was measuring DC voltages in my amp which appeared to be a bit high, so I set the DMM to AC and measured the power line.. 130VAC.  

I know AC voltages are higher than they used to be, but this still seems too high.  

What's a "normal" level?  

Thanks.  

P.S. This is in nuke-powered SE Pennsylvania.

1/25/2001 7:28 PM
Rebel420
email

... i get about 125-132 in SW Penna myself ;)

Monday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

1/25/2001 7:40 PM
Dwight
email

117v here in Minneapolis

1/25/2001 7:51 PM
dpcoyle
email

Re: 130 vac, have you a calibrated your voltmeter?  

Dan

1/25/2001 8:03 PM
Sonic Bloom
email

quote:
"This is in nuke-powered SE Pennsylvania"

Tell your power company to stop using those "super-extra-enriched" uranium pellets!!  

:D:D  

._

1/25/2001 8:44 PM
Bruce
email

Call he electric company and tell them you want a discount on your electric bill for all the unneeded current they are forcing you to use, plus the unecessary wear and tear on all your electric equipment.  

I would imagine most all your appliances are rated at 117v/120v and you are pushing an extra 10-13vac RMS through them... and you have to pay for the extra electrcity for no damn reason and there is a power shortage all over the west coast!!  

If you really have 130vac, call them and tell them to fix it... now.  

Bruce

Page 1 of 1