ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

2x6L6PP amp

2/14/2001 9:56 AM
Kremator
email
2x6L6PP amp
Hi,  

what PT and OT would you suggest for an amp like that to make it sound like a mesa 50/50 and as small as possible to fit into a 2U rack enclosure? Voltages,current ratings,impedances,core sizes,critical frequency response,interleaving,...  

any info welcome  

K.

2/14/2001 4:56 PM
Bruce
email

Sorry oldman, but I think your going to need way more then an OT and PT with MB type specs to make an amp that sounds like a 50/50!  

My gut feeling is there is no way to answer that with any meaningful info as there is so MUCH MORE to it.  

Bruce

Tuesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

2/14/2001 7:45 PM
Kremator
email

I know, but this was given as an example. I need specs for the xformers to make them as amall as possible. I'm not searching for the sound.  

PT must have enough power to feed both channells, and i'm interrested in the OT primary impedance.  

The question was wrongly asked.  

K.

2/14/2001 7:48 PM
Kremator
email

May i ask what?  

Quality tubes and parts are a must. I can't think of anything else.  

K.

2/15/2001 4:48 AM
Bruce
email

Have you visited the Hammond transformer website for a look around?  

Bruce

2/15/2001 6:19 PM
Kremator
email

There are always problems with international payments and shipping. That's why i'm asking. A 50W OT will cost me under 30$, if i'll let it manufacture here.  

K.

2/15/2001 2:48 PM
dpcoyle
email

Try Plitron, too, although their shipping is weird, lately.  

Dan

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>