ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Uh, JD...

1/29/2001 7:34 PM
Dean Hazelwanter
email
Uh, JD...
I just rechecked the lettering. The only lettering on the copper layer is my tracking/board number (PE-146A), as well as my 'DH-99' date (year) stamp. All normally created text always comes out backwards on the copper layer with EasyTrax - which is why I don't put the wiring labels on the copper layer. I do create a backwards year stamp every year, that way it prints correctly on the copper layer.  

All text on the overlay (component) drawing, with all the wiring labels will print correctly, on paper, to help when wiring the board.

1/29/2001 8:05 PM
JD Sleep
email

Hey Dean,  

Yes, it was the PE-146A printing that was a little confusing to me at first. The confusion can be put aside if you concentrate on the fact that pin one of all ICs is square (very nice). I'll make a note of that on the site. I'm debating about reversing that PE-146A text. I could do that easily on the GIF.  

Thanks,  

JD  

PS - Thanks for letting me know that other text is DH-99, I thought it was "ED dd" :)

Friday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

1/30/2001 12:20 AM
Bart
email
Re: Uh, JD... EasyTrax text flippin'
Dean,  

You can reverse text in EasyTrax - which is handy in case you want the text on the copper side to print normally. Just select the text string and hit the 'x' key. Keeps me from getting paranoid I etched a circuitboard wrong ;-)  

Bart

1/30/2001 3:39 PM
Dean Hazelwanter
email

Wellll, I'll be! Thanks for the tip, Bart!  

Since it took me a minute to figure out what you meant by 'select', it's m(ove) s(tring), and then select the text to reverse, and hit 'x'. Works great!

1/30/2001 11:47 PM
Bart
email

enjoy!  

Bart

2/2/2001 5:08 PM
Dean Hazelwanter
email
An EasyTrax printing question
Are there any printer or postscript drivers for Easyplot that would allow tabloid size (11"x17") pages on a HP Laserjet 4MV?

2/2/2001 5:16 PM
eric
email

Do you have Acrobat? (the whole enchilada, not just the reader) If so I think you can print to a pdf using either the distiller or the regular pdf maker and then send it to your 4MV from Acrobat Reader.  

ok,  

eric

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>