ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Help with Insanity box

1/16/2001 7:54 AM
Aharon Colman
email
Help with Insanity box
When I am reading the lay-out for the Insanity Box, am I supposed to think of the 4049 and TLO71 as "on top" of the lay-out or as "dead bug".Looking at the pin-out and the lay-out certain things do not correspond and I'm sure it's me not reading correctly.Thank you for your patience,AC.PS:Has anybody built this effect using the lay-out, successfully?.

1/16/2001 9:02 PM
Tonda
email

I build this effect, and it works good.  

Look, if your layout is correctly oriented. On the file which I downloaded it was MIRRORIMAGE.  

I don«t know which technique you will use for PCB making.  

I have only one problem with INSANITY BOX.  

Sounds like with noise gate. Tone is long, good sustained, but it ends shortly, with no natural decay.  

I put this 50k trimmer for biasing as in schematic, but problem is still here. I used CD 4049 and TL 071 opamp.  

Good luck  

Tonda

Monday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

1/17/2001 12:15 AM
Aharon Colman
email
Re: Help with Insanity box(thanks Tonda)
Thanks for your reply.Did you find one 100mF cap on the PCB layout that wasn't on the circuit,I'm reffering to the one that ties pins 8 & 9 on the 4049.Thanks again.AC

Page 1 of 1