ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Chandler tube driver schematic

12/5/2000 7:18 PM
Tim Gagan
email
Chandler tube driver schematic
Anyone have a schematic for a Chandler tube driver they'd be willing to share?  

Thanks!  

Tim Gagan  

http://www.gaganbros.com  

The World's Only Double Doubleneck Lefthand Band

12/5/2000 8:42 PM
Matt
email

I'd also be interested in the differences between the pedal and the rack-mount (other than the addition of the Bias, Contour, Mid EQ, and Boost function). The pedal gets pretty good reviews but the rack-mount version gets mixed reviews. And I have an older 3-knob Tube Works Tube Driver that doesn't sound very good compared to a Chandler.  

Tim, I do know that they do not run on the high plate voltages that are typically seen with 12AX7's. But there are several OD's that do such as: Soldano Supercharger, H&K Tube Factor, Matchless Hotbox, and I think the Budda Phatman runs on high plate voltages as well. There are probably others (S.I.B.?). Not that HV=Good or LV=Bad but I thought I'd mention it.

Friday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

12/7/2000 3:18 AM
Tim Gagan
email

The plate voltages look ridiculously low to me: less than 9 volts on the wall wart version and less than 12 on the AC cord version. But then again, I'm used to looking at amp schematics rather than effect schematics.

12/5/2000 11:42 PM
aron
email

Tim,  

There's this schematic:  

http://www.muzique.com/schem/tubedrvr.gif  

Hope it helps...

12/6/2000 6:34 PM
Tim Gagan
email

Thanks for the link, Aron, but actually the one I'm working on has an AC cord rather than working off a wall wart. I don't know how applicable the wall wart schematic is, because the guy who owns the one I've got ahold of has 3 Chandler Tube Drivers, two with the AC cable, one with the wall wart. He says they are all different gain-wise, and the wall wart version is especially different than the other two--way hotter. He's opened them all up, too, and he says they're all layed out differently.

12/6/2000 2:46 AM
Firefly
email

I have the Chandler schem at home. Email me and I will send you a copy. It is definitely differnt than the tube works version.  

Now does anyone have the rackmount version schem????  

Firefly

12/6/2000 3:33 AM
Philospher of Absolute Reality
email

I thought the Tubeworks 911 pedal was an exact copy. Has anyone compared the two?  

I'm a big EJ fan, and he uses the original alot, so I was considering getting the Tubeworks 911.

Page 1 of 5 Next> Last Page>>