ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Tboy did you get my email afew days...

4/20/2000 9:58 PM
Gustav Tboy did you get my email afew days...
Tboy did you get my email afew days ago? I still cannot use Gus. The forums changing order with the incoming posts is cool but am having a problem of remembeing where I was or was thinking of going to. I use to go open forun, guitar etc when I entered the BBS. (I liked it better when the order did not move)still a great site!

4/21/2000 2:52 AM
John Kos
email
Re: Tboy
I don't like the changing order either. And I can't seem to link directly to the Open Forum as a starting place like I use to. Sometimes improvements just aren't really improvements.  

Tboy, I do think you have an amazing layout for a forum. I wish every forum had code this good!  

John Kos

Tuesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

4/21/2000 8:48 AM
Steve A.
email
One vote for tboy
Is the order changing, or changed? It seems to me that it goes GA, FX, Guitar Tech, Open Forum...  

I was just thinking that tboy came up with a good solution to keep everybody from posting everything in the Open Forum (c.f. several threads on that subject in the past week or two).  

Less complicated than making the forum read-only unless we leave it and then re-enter it, and some of the other suggestions presented.  

I admit that it was a bit confusing when I first ended up in GA instead of Open Forum, but I've gotten used to it by now.  

As for linking right into a specific forum I believe that you can do that with the right HTML code. Try opening the forum you want in a new window and then copy the code from the URL box and paste it into your bookmark location box. (I haven't tried that yet but I believe that it should work... knock on wood!)  

Steve Ahola

4/21/2000 8:56 AM
Steve A.
email

:"As for linking right into a specific forum I believe that you can do that with the right HTML code. Try opening the forum you want in a new window and then copy the code from the URL box and paste it into your bookmark location box. (I haven't tried that yet but I believe that it should work... knock on wood!)"  

Oops! That doesn't seem to work... Maybe tboy can post the exact code to enter any of the forums automatically  

Steve Ahola

4/21/2000 2:49 PM
Trace
email
Tboy....how about an ayyyyy men!!
Tboy;  

Personally I think you rule!!! Thanks so very much for making this site what it is. I can only imagine the work that is must take to maintain this site. I know that after a while people get used to it and take it for granted (not on purpose of course--ha, ha) but it's nice every now and again for people to let you know that they appreciate it soooo...."THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!"  

Can I get an ayyyy men from anyone esle???  

:^)  
Trace

4/21/2000 2:55 PM
Rebel420
email

quote:
"Can I get an ayyyy men from anyone esle???"
ayyyyyy men!!! preach it brutha!!  
Seriously, tho, Keep up the good work TBoy. The site kicks major a$$! of something for everyone...

4/23/2000 1:29 AM
T.B.
email

I'll ayyyyy men to that! T.B.

Page 1 of 2 Next> Last Page>>