ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

A car for guitar players

2/19/2000 10:12 PM
Lee M.
email
A car for guitar players
I was at the Chicago Auto Show today and Toyota has a little economy car called the Echo and one of the trim levels is the Reverb. It said Echo Reverb right on the car. Wonder if a guitar player named it?

2/19/2000 11:41 PM
Mark Knapp
email

I think someone just ran out of ideas for nonsense words to be used in naming cars.

Friday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

2/20/2000 12:46 AM
Dave M.
email

I wonder if they have an upgrade from the Reverb trim level. Maybe the Deluxe Reverb, or the Super Reverb. :-P  

...("pa-doom, pow!")...  

-DM

2/20/2000 9:29 PM
Bob
email

How about an accutronics tank and reverb dwell,mix and tone for the car radio, cassette, CD. And ,of course, don't forget the Vox WA for the accelerator pedal. Can't we all get jobs in Detriot?  

Bob

2/21/2000 3:01 AM
Michael Tousek I think it's been done!
Bob, believe it or not, I think the Accutronics-in-the-dash idea might have been done. I'd almost swear that I've heard or read about a car equipped with such a thing -- seems like it was back in 50's or 60's.  

Speaking of car gadgets, my dad had a '49 Cadillac with a retractable antenna, station-seeking radio, and a sensor that automatically dimmed your headlights when there was an oncoming car. Pretty wild for a car that old, huh?  

Michael Tousek

2/21/2000 4:43 AM
anonymous
email

In the sixties, Motorola made an under-dash add-on spring reverb unit for cars. They called it "Vibro-Sonic." Some of their home hi-fi consoles also had reverb built-in, with a "Vibro-Sonic" knob on the control panel.  

--tboy

2/22/2000 2:59 AM
anonymous
Wonder if that Motorola had 6V6's in it?  
Bob  
P.S. This all leading to the Vox-mobile!

Page 1 of 3 Next> Last Page>>