ampage
Tube Amps / Music Electronics
For current discussions, please visit Music Electronics Forum. New: view Recent Searches.
New: visit Schematic Hell!
The sunn still shines online!

Listen to great tunes streaming live right now!

ampage archive

Vintage threads from the first ten years

Search for:  Mode:  

Another Computer Idiot Needs Help

12/27/1999 6:29 AM
Bob Isaacson
email
Another Computer Idiot Needs Help
I was trying to use the Tone Stack Calculator program found on Duncan's Amp Pages and followed the instructions on the screen concerning downloading the program. As far as I know, this went along fine, since it took a few minutes to load. My question is after the program is loaded, how do I access it? I figured that it was loaded into my C drive, but can"t find anything, or at least don't know where to look for it. There is something mentioned about a tsc120.exe file (whatever that is). Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks,  
Bob--The computer idiot,s idiot.

12/27/1999 8:43 AM
A.S
email

The exe-file should start the program if you open it, or at least guide you trough the installation.  
There is only one way to find out.  
Good luck!  

A.S  

Tuesday
Book Of The Day The Ultimate Tone, Volume III by Kevin O'Connor
Have you ever wondered if there is a better way to build a Bassman, Champ, Plexi, an 800, AC-30, Bulldog or Portaflex? Or you wanted to build an SVT with off-the-shelf parts? How about a master-volume amp that doesn’t change tone with the master setting? Everything you need to know is right here, including: proper grounding techniques, wiring methods, and mechanical considerations. Eighteen chapters cover the “iconic” amps everyone knows and loves, with schematics and layouts for each, along with the technical history of the product. Eyelet-board and chassis-mounted tube socket construction is used throughout, for easy servicing and modding. TUT3 is very accessible even if you cannot fully read a schematic and is a "must have" if you are going to build an amp for your self.

Note: The Ampage Archive is an Amazon Associate site. A small commission is paid to the site owner on any qualified purchase made after clicking an associate link such as the one above.

12/27/1999 1:05 PM
Steve A.
email

Bob:  

To find the file in Win9x, click on the Start button and then select Find|Files from the menu. For the filename type in "tsc*.*" and select the drive you want to search (do not type in the quote marks).  

Once it is found and listed on the bottom section of the dialog box you can select it and drag it onto the desktop, where you can double-click on it to run the installation program (for tscxxx.exe).  

--Good luck!  

Steve Ahola

12/27/1999 8:38 PM
Bob Isaacson
email

Steve:  

Thanks a lot. That did it! This is really a neat site that should be very useful in my design work. I am fairly new at using home computers and still have a long way to go before I become proficient in their use. Most of my digital experience has been with process control systems at work.  
Again, thanks a lot,and Happy Holidays  
Bob

Page 1 of 1